Karaoke

Will wanted to turn away as soon as he heard the blasting music coming out of his cabin. Was it Friday already? Why did it have to be Friday? Will walked up to his cabin steps and hesitated at the door. He could hear his siblings singing and Austin playing his saxophone. It sadly was Friday which meant it was also karaoke night at the Apollo cabin. With a sigh, he opened the door. At the moment, Melody and Yan were singing Love is an open door. Will had to admit they sounded good. They were all musically talented in some way. He couldn't help smiling as he slumped down on the couch. Melody did seem to be enjoying herself. She appreciated anything that would give her attention, but performing was one of her favorite attention-gaining methods. The song finished, and they took a tiny bow. Melody came over and sat down next to Will as Austin and Kayla went up to sing Rewrite the Stars.

"Hey, Medicine Boy," she said with a smile.

"Hey, M," he yawned.

Melody frowned. "Are you tired?" She asked.

"Obviously," Will responded.

"The loud music probably isn't helping,'' added Melody.

"Not really."

"I can turn it off." Her face lit up as if she had an idea. "I could do one of those dumb blond moments when she dramatically falls over and accidentally trips over the wire like they do in the movies."

"Why do I precisely understand what you mean?" Asked Will, with a little laugh at his sister.

"Because I'm just that great."

"It's okay, go have fun."

"Yes, boss." She gave a playful salute and went to join the rest of the campers.

Will continued to watch his siblings sing a bunch of different songs. Melody rapped to Hamilton. Austin sang some Jazz songs. Kayla sang to some sad song from Dear Evan Hansen, Will decided not to ask about that one. They would have continued for hours, but Annabeth knocked on the door, ordering them all to be quiet. Apparently, the cabin walls were paper thin, and she couldn't think over the racket. They decided not to interfere with the furious Athena girl. To their disappointment, the Karaoke session ended abruptly.