𝟷𝟷

Ch 11:Birthday Party from Hell____

Ch 11:
Birthday Party from Hell
____

12:48pm
SATURDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚇.

"Happy birthday my baby!" Mayah smothered Cee in kisses in the middle of the kitchen. Guests were finally starting to arrive for Cee's birthday party and Mayah and her sister, Andrea, were in the kitchen trying to make sure they had enough food to last the afternoon.

"Thank you mommy!" Cee beamed, bouncing on her toes. She stepped back, allowing Mayah to take in her outfit and watched as her mom nodded with a smile. Letting Zion be in charge of dressing Cee didn't end disastrously like it usually did. Cee wore some cut off jean shorts, a pink graphic tee, a black and pink flannel and her Low 'Black White' Nike Dunks. Zion attempted to do her hair in two curly ponytails and much to Mayahs surprise they didn't look bad at all.

"I love your outfit, baby." Mayah complimented and placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Thank you! And thank you for the shoes mommy. They are so pwetty."

"Of course." She smiled and stood up from her kneeling position, letting Cee speak to her aunt. She turned the stove off and wiped her hands on a towel before heading out of the kitchen and into the living room, ignoring the stomach cramps she was starting to feel from standing up for so long.

She peeked into the living room to see if Zion was there but it was just Nia, Kai, Tasia and Trini. "Y'all seen Zion?" She got their attention.

"Pretty sure he's changing Sy upstairs." Kai replied and Mayah nodded before making her way up the stairs. She walked down the long hallway to Silas's changing room but as soon as she was about to open the door, she stopped herself and put her ear to the white wooden door instead.

"Yea.. I might stop by later," Zion's voice could be heard and it was obvious by the shuffling that he was on the phone, "Mmcht, you gotta be slow. It's my daughter's birthday and if I leave in the middle of it it's gonna be suspicious as fuck. Let me do what I need to do and you just worry 'bout getting shit figured out."

Mayah furrowed her eyebrows and listened closely. Zion had the phone on speaker but he wasn't near the door so she couldn't make out what was being said on the other line. But she could tell by the high pitched laugh that he got in response, he was on the phone with a female.

Mayah swallowed the lump in her throat and tried her hardest not to doubt Zion. She's been peeping the sneaky stuff he'll do, but she just didn't put much thought to it. Like he'll leave the room in the middle of the night to answer specific phone calls even though he usually stays in bed. Or he'll leave his phone faced down on purpose or make up some bullshit excuses as to why Mayah can't use his phone. And even with all of that, she was still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.