story 16

Kiara's POV:

We were all hanging out at the Chateau when suddenly a girl named Olivia showed up. She was Rafe's new girlfriend who was in on the gold. She was a kook but she was also a criminal. She was very badass looking. She had all the piercings, the brass knuckle rings, and long blonde hair. She came over and I was outside alone to grab something.

She started yelling at me and I yelled back and then she started punching me. I was fighting her back but it hurt so bad. We had been going at it for maybe a minute and the boys all came out and Olivia backed off. She took off in her fancy sports car and I started crying. 

Pope helped me inside and John B went to get ice from the kitchen. Pope had no idea how to help clean all my cuts. JJ said, "Come with me"

I followed him to the bathroom and he told me to sit on the counter. He shut the door to open the cabinet behind it. 

He grabbed the first aid kit and he was so gentle as he used rubbing alcohol to clean all the scrapes and cuts on my body. You could see I was bleeding from under my shirt and JJ asked, "Can you lift your shirt up?"

I lifted it up and just took it off as it was easier. He cleaned all the cuts and then he went and put the antibiotic ointment on the deep ones and covered them with a bandaid.

"You're really good at this.." I said realizing he knew exactly what he was doing and he was so careful

"I've had a lot of practice cleaning myself up after fights."

"How long have you been getting in fights?" I asked out of curiosity as long as I've known him, he's been a fighter

"I got into my first fight when I was five. It was late and I got up not feeling good. I went to the kitchen to get water and my dad started screaming at me. He was paying bills and he told me I was an ungrateful piece of shit and he slapped me across the face. I immediately started crying and he told me that was nothing and this time he punched me. I tried to hit him back, but I was five. I was useless in a fight. He scratched my arm with his nails as fought to get away. That was only the beginning of the fights. I've learned how to clean up after them." He said and I was trying not to cry

I hugged him and I said, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for taking care of me."

"Anytime, next time, I'll kick her ass for hurting you." 

JJ was cleaning everything up and I was still sitting on the counter. My shirt was all bloody and he took his shirt off and he put it on me. He was being so sweet. He put the shirt on me and we made eye contact. I put my arms on his shoulders and wrapped them around the back of his neck and he stepped closer to me. 

We both leaned in for the kiss and it was everything I thought it would be. It was so gentle but also rough at the same time. We were kissing when John B yelled, "How's Kie?"

JJ and I broke apart super fast and he said, "She's good. We're almost done..."

JJ lifted me off the counter and I wanted to kiss him again but I didn't know if he wanted to kiss me again. So I didn't kiss him. I left the bathroom and he followed a few seconds later.

I went and sat on the couch and they asked if I was okay. John B gave me an ice pack for the bruise under my eye. John B went to bed and Pope went out to the porch to take his usual spot. I was going to the extra bedroom and JJ took the pull-out couch.

I was laying in bed and I was on my phone. I had been on my phone for a while and I could hear Pope snoring. I quietly opened the door and looked at JJ. He wasn't sleeping either. I was still in his t-shirt. I motioned for him to come here and he quietly snuck into my room and shut the door.

I laid back down and he laid next to me and he pulled me into his arms. His arm was under my head and my arm was wrapped around his torso and he held me with his other arm. Neither of us said anything a first and then I said, "I could get used to this.."

"So could I.." He whispered

I looked at him with my eyes and he kissed me. We just made out, nothing else, and we ended up cuddling in the same position we started in.

"Goodnight, J.." I said

"Goodnight, Kie.." He whispered kissing my forehead which made my heart melt. He was this Mr. tough guy for everyone else, but with me, he was so sweet and gentle