7. Free

Natalie's P.O.V

The college application letters have taken over my life for the past two weeks. During the time when I was not rushing to complete papers by the deadlines for spring enrollment, I was visiting the kids. Depending on how many tips at the restaurant I'd been receiving, I would bring the kids over a treat like donuts, or I would just stop by and say hello, sometimes I would help my aunt Dani clean up her house from the messes the kids had made, it's the least I could do.Once in a while I would text or meet up with Harry, depending on what portion of my application I was on.

So far, I had already applied to Westminster, which is about an hour away from my house and one other college in the area. I talked to my aunt about Westminster and she said that they had many available spots open for spring enrollment, and she would talk to some of the administration. Along with my grades, she assured me that I would most likely be accepted. The only thing that I was weary about was the money, I wasn't even concerned about rooming with someone else, considering that I shared a tiny space with 5 kids 24/7 for the past six months or so.

I'm ecstatic that my aunt is agreeing for me to do all of this. Letting me dump all of the kids at her house on such a short notice. Making her talk to administration about me, and the financial support that I would be needing if I attended Westminster.

I decide to get up from the postion that I've been sitting in for the past hour and actually go and do something. I neatly stack all of the forms together and place them at the center of my desk. I quickly change into a pair of cheap black leggings, a oversized plum colored crewneck, and a black pair of combat boots I splurged on after receiving my first paycheck that didn't have to go towards the kids. I probably should've saved it for college, but oh well, I need something nice of mine own.

I pull out my crappy old excuse of a phone and dial Harry's number, putting it on speaker and setting it on my desk so I can french braid my hair while talking to him.

"Helloooo?" He answers with his deep, raspy British accent.

"Hey, Harry, you go to Westminster right?"

"Yesssssss, why?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a tour of the school with me today, you could show me around I thought?"

"Yeah, sure, let's take my car," He says, I can practically hear him smiling through his voice.

"Ha-Ha, very funny," I say, holding back a smirk even though he can't see me, "so when are you going to pick me up?" I ask, securing my hair with a pony tail.

"Whenever." He answers casually.

"Okay, give me fifteen minutes."

"What do you gotta do? Put makeup on?" He asks, exaggerating the word 'makeup'.

"Actually yes," I inform him, twirling the mascara wand in my fingers.

"Alright, you don't need it but whatever, you won't listen to me anyways, see ya later."

"Bye!! Thank you!!" I yell into the phone before hanging up on him. I just apply my mascara, and cover up my zits with foundation instead of concealer, I feel that it works better and gives more coverage. I grab a plain black purse of my mothers from my bare closet and sling it over my shoulder, putting my phone, my wallet, and a water in it. I'm all set once the doorbell rings. I open the door, revealing Harry in black jeans, a black shirt that reveals his toned abs with a blue and black flannel on top.

"Hey," he says, running his fingers through his hair.

"Hey," I say while strolling past him towards his car, not forgetting to shut and lock the door behind me, "let's go!! I yell.