story 15

Kiara's POV:

I was getting married to the most amazing guy. His name is Dylan and he's from Florida. We met in college and he was the guy of my dreams.

I had been dreaming of my wedding day since I was a little girl and now it was finally here. We were getting married on the beach in Florida. It was a perfect day. I had the most beautiful beachy wedding dress on. 

Sarah was my maid of honor and that was all I had because the wedding was very small. Pope, Cleo, JJ, and John B all made the trip down. They were all staying in a condo on the beach. Sarah had sent me pictures and it was sweet.

I walked down the sandy aisle to the love of my life. The wedding was going exactly as it should. We were exchanging vows.

John B's POV:

Kie was saying her vows and JJ was super antsy. He was bouncing his leg and fiddling with the rings on his fingers. I've never seen him like this before.

"Dude, you good?" I whispered

I noticed he was literally shaking. I had no clue what was going on with him. He had been fine all week and even this morning.

"I'm fine.." He replied as he fiddled even more

The wedding was moving along and JJ was getting worse. He looked at me and said, "I need to do something.."

"Then do it.." I said having no clue what he was talking about

"But it's going to ruin everything..."

That's when it hit me. JJ was in love with Kie. Everyone knew he had a thing for her but I never realized how serious it was. 

"You love her, don't you?" I whispered and he nodded his head yes

"Tell her..." I said and at the second JJ stood up and said, "I love you, Kie.."

All eyes were on him now. He was the center of attention. Kie's face went ghost white and she froze up there. She couldn't speak and then JJ continued, "I've always loved you. The flirting wasn't just me trying to get attention. I loved you, but I never had the guts to tell you. But watching you about to marry someone else makes me literally sick to my stomach because I love you. I know Dylan is perfect and he's definitely the better man but I want you, Kie. I need you. You are the only person who truly understands me and makes me proud of who I am. I can't promise you all the fancy shit that Dylan can. But I promise to love you every single day for the rest of my life."

JJ was shaking. I could see how nervous he was and Kie wasn't saying anything. Sarah kept giving me looks as she was standing next to Kie. 

Dylan grabbed Kie's hands and she looked at him. She was totally ignoring JJ's love confession. Fuck this was not good. It felt like hours had gone by but it had only been seconds.

"Fuck.." JJ muttered under his breath as he started to move as he was going to leave

"J..." Kie said in front of everyone

"Leave our wedding before you screw it up even more" Dylan said

Kiara's POV:

JJ just told me he loved me in front of everyone. My heart was racing. What the hell was I supposed to do in front of everyone?

 JJ had flirted with me since I met him. He was constantly flirting with me. He would fight anyone to protect me. He was in love with me. How did I miss this?

I like an idiot for not realizing he was in love with me. But JJ didn't date. He's never been in a relationship. It's all just hookups with him. I loved Dylan, a lot. But part of me has always cared really deeply for JJ. Was that love? Or did I just care about him as any friend would?

Dylan just told him to leave our wedding. And JJ was starting to walk towards the aisle. 

"J..." I said getting his attention

He stopped and turned around and looked at me. He looked into my eyes and I knew I had to make a decision.

"I'm sorry.." I said still looking at JJ but then I looked at Dylan and let go of his hands

I started running towards JJ and I kissed him. Yes, in front of everyone at my wedding. 

"I love you, JJ.." I said when the kiss broke

"Fuck, I love you so much Kie.." He said spinning me around

He grabbed my hand and we walked away from my wedding. He led me to the pogues condo a little way down the beach. He unlocked the door and we went inside. He stopped and he looked at me and asked, "Are you this is what you want?"

"What am I gonna do? Go back to my wedding and say sorry, just kidding. I want to marry you even though I just made out with another guy at our wedding."

"Fuck, I screwed this up for you.."

"J, I want you, not Dylan. You didn't screw anything up. You fixed everything." I said kissing him

We were making out and he carried me to a bedroom where he unzipped my wedding dress. We were having fun and we definitely weren't quiet. JJ and I were laying in bed, when I started laughing and said, "I can't believe you stopped my wedding to confess your love to me"

We were starving and JJ just threw on his boxers and I put on his button-down shirt and we walked outside the room. There were the pogues, my parents, Dylan, and Dylan's family. This was humiliating but JJ handled the situation well. 

He kissed me passionately and stuck his middle finger up. They haven't been out there long. There was no way. We went back into the bedroom and got dressed and we crawled out the window to avoid the awkwardness. 

I was in my wedding dress and he was in his suit. We were running on the beach, hand in hand and we were laughing. I knew as long as I had JJ, life would always be an adventure.