S1.EP10 - ❛ The Connection ❜

July 1st

July 1st

WHEN THE OLD MAN
HAD FINISHED HIS STORY, the duo felt nothing but sadness and empathy. The old man hadn't lied when he said it was a tragic story and their story, though it did not entirely help on actually figuring out who the culprit was, it helped them put some of the puzzle pieces together.

After the old man was requested by a nurse for him to go back to his ward, Lisa had to go back inside to look for the comfort rooms. When Jay had given her the signal and she had assured him she'd be fine alone, Lisa left him in the garden. Meanwhile, Jay went to a more secure spot in the garden where none of the patients or the hospital staff would hear or see him. He then gave a call to the secret agents that went to Heartbeat Mental Institute and to the BST Headquarters.

Soon enough, everyone was on the call to give updates on what information they had so far. The first one who had given their update was August and told the team about the encounter at Itaewon, leaving the part where the suspicious woman who held him at knifepoint called him by his agent name. August recalled what Hordon had said to him and for some reason, he thought it was best to not give that information out yet because he was unsure of something.

Next was the trio in Heartbeat Mental Institute, who reported that there was a suspicious change that the hospital went through in 2013. They also told the whole story that Doctor Hart provided for them. They also mentioned the weird actions that Doctor Hart exhibited, highlighting the moment she tried to lowkey cover the CCTV footage in her office.

["Should we ask for the footage of her office?" Shanise asked.]

["For now, I don't think we necessarily need to," August replied. "If she covered that camera then it seemed that the information she gave you was from an act of her free will. If we tried to collect their footage and their director finds out, the doctor would be put into a compromising position. We can't let that happen when we don't know if there'd be circumstantial evidence in that footage. We'll just make her miserable and won't be able to give her full protection."]

["How about you, officer? How are you and the other officer?" Jin asked, pertaining to Jay and his supposed officer colleague.]

"Well, from what we gathered here, I could already make some connection to the information that Shanise, Victory, and Jimmy have," Jay replied. "First, the director of the hospital seemed to conveniently also have 'prior commitments'. Second, it seems that the staff is not allowed to give any information out. Since, like what August had said, Doctor Hart gave out the information because she wants to and she doesn't want to be controlled."

["Also because she's in love with the late doctor." Victory side-commented.]

"However, in this hospital, they did not give us anything at all. They strongly pushed us away and refused to add anything more from what they gave to the previous holders of this case," Jay informed the team regretfully. "However, we were able to milk out some information from an elderly patient who knew the three victims quite well."