Chapter five

Jack pulled up to a small barn that had country music blaring out if it with the inside lit up. I glanced over at Jack but he was already getting out of the truck. I followed suit and got out of his truck.

"Ready little missy?" he reached out his hand to me as we stood in front of his truck.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I place my hand on his but then quickly regretted it. I pulled it away when I felt the tingles go up my arm again.

"Oh don't be a chicken" Jack grabbed my hand and didn't let it go.

I sighed in defeat as we entered the big dancing barn. Cowgirls and cowboys were dancing all over the place. The boot scoot boggie came on. Some of the boys grabbed a girl's hand while some girls grabbed each other. They must have came alone because they were pointing to some random guys.

God made girls by Rylenn came on next. A smile crossed my face as I recognized the beginning beat. With out thinking I grabbed Jack's hands pulling him on the dance floor.

"Come dance with me" I said. A smile crossed his face as I started to dance. He wasn't moving his feet. I frowned at him before I grabbed his hands again swinging his arms.

"Come on. Not only did God give you boys girls but also two feet to dance with" I shouted above the loud country music.

"I don't dance" he admitted.

Just as he said that the line Somebody's gotta teach him how to dance came on. I smirked at him knowing he heard that line of the song too. He groaned but I stepped in closer.

"Come on" I said more gently.

"Now I'll take it slow. Place your hands here and here" I moved one of his hands on to my hip while the other one I took in my other hand. My body started to tingle all over because of his touch. Shaking off the feeling I continued with directions.

"One, two,three. One, two, three" he followed my steps in till the song changed. The dance by Garth Brooks came on.

Suddenly Jack took the lead. He started to swing me around the dance floor like he knew how to dance all along. That's when it hit me. He just wanted to see if I would let him touch me. I let out a loud sigh as he twirled me into his chest.

"You knew how to dance didn't you?" I asked him as one of his hands went back to my hips while the other one engulfed my hand.

"Oh every cowboy knows how to dance. I was just afraid you would bit me if I went to touch ya" we both chuckled.

My laughter stopped  short when my hips where pulled closer to his. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands glided to my waist.

"Well I only bit when I fell threaten" I smiled up at him. Ok now I was starting to flirt. Hehe...a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

"Hmm I'll remember that" he sent me a wink. I shoved his chest.

"Why in the world would you need to remember that?" this was a one time thing right? I mean I kinda hope it's not.

"Cause this isn't gonna be the last time your in my arms" my face started to burn. I looked down at the ground. Oh look there's a scratch on the wood.

"May" Jack cooed. I kept my eyes glued on the floor. Just when I was about to look back up I felt Jack lift my chin up so I was  looking into his bright brown eyes. I went to move my chin away from his hold but he caught my chin again and again.

"Your eyes are like perfect storm clouds" he commented. Great here comes the red cheeks again.

"And your pretty cute when you blush" he had a playful smile on his face now.

"Stop" I pushed his hand away laughing now.

"Why? Can't I look at the most beautiful thing on earth" his smile only increased while my face got redder and redder by the minute.

"Don't lie to people Jack. It's not nice" I pushed myself out of his arm as the song ended.

When I was out of his release I suddenly felt now longer warm. I walked out to his truck. Looking down at my phone I saw that it was getting closer to midnight then I originally thought. The Texas night air wasn't cold but I still rubbed up and down my arms with my hands.

"I wasn't lieing hell I was far from lieing. Your stubborn, feisty, caring and a God damn good rider" I turned around to see Jack making his way to me. With every word he said he got closer and closer.

"I haven't seen anyone more determined then you on that horse and gosh damn it you one of the prettiest cowgirls I've seen out on the rodeo circuit. Plus your so down to earth compared to the rest" by this time Jack was inches away from me.  One of his hands reached out for my waist as he pulled me into him.

"Your natural strawberry blond curly hair" one of his hands ran through my hair. My body tensed up to his soft touch.

"Your eyes are like little storm clouds. I can't tell if there a storm waiting to break free or if there's always been a storm inside of your soul" his hand careless my cheek. I smiled at him as I felt a little bit of heat build on my cheeks.

"And" his eyes darted between my lips and eyes. Oh God I though. Is he really gonna kiss me. Lord help me if he does cause I've never kissed anyone before.

"Uh um" he coughed. Part of me hated the fact that he was backing up but a small part of me was happy.

"Umm" his eyes looked back me.

"I don't know how you would..."

"One thing you need to learn about me is if your scared you don't get anywhere" I cut him off.

I walked around the truck heading towards my side of the truck when I felt a hand grab my wrist spinning me around. Jack looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Now now I never said I was scared" his smile turned into a smirk.

"Then why do you stall?" I asked. My own smirk crossed my face.

Jack grabbed my waist pulling me towards his body. I titled my head up to met his brown eyes. He started to lean down. As I was possessing what I was doing I felt his lips on mine. Closing my eyes I kissed him back. Not sure if I was doing any of this right I wrapped my arms around his neck running my hands through his hair. After a little bit I couldn't breath anymore so I pulled back out of breath. His brown eyes flashed to mine.

"Best damn kiss I've ever had" I pulled completely away from him this time. I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. How could he think I was the best kisser he had kissed? He's had to kiss better.

"I think it's time I head home" I said as I took an extra step away from Jack.

Everything hit me. I was slowly having more then a crush on Jack. No no no I can't start to have feelings. Again rodeo love is hard to find. At lest true love. Yes I've heard my parents love story about a million times but that doesn't happen to everyone. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I just assumed to stay away from them cowboys. Them cowboys who always seemed to break hearts as a second profession.