☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Look how happy mommy is that she can finally drink coffee. We love seeing mommy happy, don't we?" Mark spoke to Iris. The baby was in her father's embrace, playing with his thumb. 

And Natalie was walking next to him, holding a big cup of coffee. She was going way ahead that day, since she had stopped breastfeeding and she could go back to her regular routine and overdose with caffeine. "If you wanna see me happy keep the coffee coming."

"Yeah, I want to see you happy, not overdosed by caffeine." Mark pointed out. 

"Whatever..." She shook her head and took a big sip from her coffee, just to prove her point. "Have you spoken to Derek?" She asked next. "I don't understand how fast things got so messy in just a day, with the trial and Meredith and Zola. I hope they don't take Zola from them..." She let out a breath. In just a day things in Derek's life had turned upside down and there was no one who could actually help him. Meredith had made a choice, that resulted in Derek's trial to be shut down and for them to fight and live separately. And that was hard since they had decided to adopt a baby together.

"I hope so too..." Mark agreed. "Are you ready for that breakfast thing?" The new chief resident, April, was gathering all the fifth year residents and all the attendings for a breakfast, so those who didn't have a mentor, could socialise a little bit. 

"Sure, I am coming for the food and the coffee, I got Cristina, so what do I care?" Natalie shrugged. 

"I wouldn't mind mentoring someone, passing all my wisdom." Mark nodded to himself, just to show that he was in for that.

"Oh, you hear that Iris? Daddy's wise, that's funny." Natalie mocked him playfully.

"I don't like you."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Dr. Turner. Dr. Sloan. Good morning." Jackson walked up to the couple at the cafeteria. Natalie was refilling her cup of coffee and Mark was trying to make her eat, with no success. She was stressing him out with how much coffee she had already drunk. 

"Oh, hi Jackson." Natalie smiled at the resident, opposite of Mark, who wasn't really amused to see him.

"Dr. Sloan, I was wondering, if you would mentor me into plastics." Jackson asked, not wanting to do an introduction.

"Oh he would love to." Natalie butted in before Mark could reject him.

"You want plastics? I don't see it." Mark said as he chewed.

"Are you blind?" Natalie made a hand motion to Jackson, telling him that she got that. "He's a good surgeon."

"Yeah, but not a great surgeon." Mark argued with her.

"He can hear you." Natalie hit her husband's shoulder. "Jackson, just go, you're on his service today." 

"You can't just decide that." Mark argued with her again. 

"Well, I just did." She smiled and walked away.

But before she could do anything else, Cristina walked up to her. "Dr. Turner, I am ready to be back on your service. It's going to be great."

"Yeah, it really will be." Natalie agreed. "But you're working with Altman for the next few days, we thought that it would be good for you to get back to the basics. And she loved to be the one to do it." Natalie announced to Cristina.