10. GURU & COMPANION

A range of grey green sky-stabbing mountain stood proudly before a 8 year old. The range was wide and shrouded in ghost grey mist . The heaven touching apex of the mountain was drenched in spark of sunlight making its way through the clouds. The thick green forest acted as a canopy. The sparkly turquoise blue stream mirrored and reflected most of the light falling on it. Dozens of various butterflies were lazying around flowers of all varieties and colour known and birds of all possible colours and origins were merrily chirping. Sweet scent of flowers , soft ankle length lime-green grass and buzzing of various insects added to the serenity of the view. But at the same time the rocky uneven pathway , the thorn covered bushes at places and the crunching of dried leaves and grass at some points posed a great difficulty to climb the mountain.

The atmosphere was serene yet posed a unknown threat to it's visitor . It's as if the atmosphere was representing it's inhabitants. But the mere boy of 8 seemed to be determined in his purpose. Without further delay he started climbing the mountains. Soon.. he reached his destination. In the middle of a sparse area of Ashoka trees was a beautiful house...and underneath a big banyan tree was meditating... a man in white sagic clothes. His thick long white beard and hair said volumes about the his years of experience, knowledge and prowess...He had a serene expression yet a threat .His fit and muscular body along with an axe nearby said the unsaid....
He was none other than the 21 times vanquisher of kshatriya clan , 6th avatar of Narayan , ardent devotee and student of Lord Shiv... Bhagwan Parshuram.

 Bhagwan Parshuram

Karn waited...not knowing how long but he waited that too patiently for the revered God to acknowledge him . In his 8 years of existence , he had always served and revered every sage and brahman he visited. The sages were soft hearted loving & accepting while the brahmans were egoistic and deeply rooted in casteism. But still he respectfully served everyone on insistence of his mother. She has always taught him to respect everyone... especially Brahmans and sages and never disturb them during their prayer. And every word said by his mother was more pious and sacred than veds and puranas for him. Lost in his thoughts Karn, didn't realise when a lady in pale white hermit clothes reached him...She is an ethereal beauty with soft smile and divinity around her...She is none other than the wife of Bhagwan Parshuram..an incarnation of Devi Lakshmi ...Mata Dharini...

Mata Dharini