Thirteen.

ONE MONTH LATER..

It's kinda like ima whole new person.

Well, it feels like it. My life has become so much better now that I know August is here for me, foreal. He has never left my side after Keeis kidnapped me and Michael threatened me.

We decided to move in with one of August's friends, and slowly but surely we've been packing our things. Our rooms are beginning to look emptier and emptier.

Me and August have not spoken to Michael or Taren in this month that's passed by. Tbh its like he doesn't love his parents anymore. Shit, I wouldn't either. But I've always looked in between August and his parents and I actually noticed that they look nothing like him....

Hmm.

"Hey Amethysttttttt," I look up to see August at my door. He comes and plops himself beside me on my bed, making it bounce. I giggle.

"Hi August," I pause and look around then whisper, "So when are we leaving this place ?"

"This Friday, for sure." I smile and nod, getting excited.

"Gosh I'm so ready to go nowwww," we laughed some more.

"Dinner's ready," we look to see Michael at our door. He's been looking rough as everything these past few weeks. And I noticed he's been drinking a whole lot. His beard it grown out and so is his hair, making him look alil scary. He eyed me for a minute then glanced at August, before he finally left.

I couldn't help it, my stomach started churning and I could feel the tears welling up.

"Calm down A, just breathe." August rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's just... Every time he looks at me... "

"Shh shh," he says looking me in the eye. "I'm here for you now. I've always been." I nod as we get up and go downstairs.

We sat down and said grace, then silently ate the food. The tension between this "family" is so thick, and the fact that Michael and Taren was just staring at me made my heart beat faster than usual.

After 5 minutes I couldn't take it anymore, so I just abruptly got up outa my chair and went to the restroom. I could hear August calling my name behind me but I ain't look back. He came inside the bathroom and slammed it shut.

"I can't fucking do it anymore," I sobbed, putting my face in his chest. "Let's just leave now."

August sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "It's not that easy Amethyst. We gotta wait till Friday. That's in two days."

"Ughhhh whyyyy ?" He just sighed again and pulled me into a hug.

"Hard to explain."

I just shook my head and wiped my tears.

That night, I was awoken outa my sleep to the door nob jiggling. My heart fell to my toes when I realized that it was Michael trying to sneak in. Oh no oh no oh no.

Luckily, I put my dresser in front of the door like I do every night.