Chapter 5 Horse race

I wasn't equipped for this but the only thing going in my head is run. I filled up my clothes and the necessary items in my bag. I searched for my scarfs in my room and coupled them with each other.

As soon as I was done, I tied them to my window. I assured on condition that it was brawny enough. I broached off the window holding the scarf painstaking as I could and attained to reach the surface.

I was blissful. I felt like I had escaped from a detention centre. The next thing I thought was Nikasha. She would tend to help me at any moment. I had to stroll miles to reach her house. I came through so many shops. I had my watch with me, it was seven. It was the hours of darkness and I was timorous. There were many strange-looking people in the road.

It has been a year I made contact with Nikasha from the day I left school and was emplaced to a government school. We exchanged our dolefulness and had to say aur revoir.

I had walked miles and I had to snooze for a bit and I was hungry too. I crept into a street shop and invested half of money for a tea. I saw a police officer in the shop around and I had to cast out of the shop.

I was in a blue funk about that if my father had notice me being fugitive and make a complaint to the long arm of the law. The police officers are cost-effective in this country which I am beyond doubt. I evoked that once when I was reading news there was an article blackprinted that the police had cracked a case within three days.

This time I have to use up my money to go by train. So I did, I went by train and walked through the streets and there was Nikasha's house. I was disquite and agitated too. I rang the bell and the door opened. A fat, frumpish grown up. I have never seen this man before when I used to visit Nikasha.

"What do you want?"(In Sinhala)

I could understand Sinhala. I didn't know much of it as I wasn't able because I was busy doing housework.

"Can I talk to Nikasha? It's urgent" (in Sinhala)

"There is no one such called Nikasha in here if you are searching for the previous owners, they have left this house"(in Sinhala)

"Do you know where they have gone?" (In Sinhala). I wasn't prepared for this. I was disappointed and afraid.

"They didn't tell anything about it but i know they have shifted close by" (in Sinhala)

I kept hope and continued searching for her. I was in a very abominable place but had no options left. I knocked the doors of the houses in the streets. There were no answer.

There were some jaundiced people following me, I walked as fast as I could. Bonk something hit my head, Everything was pitch-black.