Chapter 42

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "Cursing a believer is like murdering him."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6105

*******************

"Then where is my husband? What happened to him that you picked his phone?" Fadimatuu said panicked not wanting to hear something bad happened to Khaleel.

And the man next words make the phone she was holding dropped on the bed breaking her fragile hearts.

Her breath become uneven as hot tears started rolling down her face. The man's sentence kept replaying inside her head.

"Your husband is involved in a major accident ma'am" That's what he told her.

She started shaking uncontrollably. Her breathing becoming haggard.

"No I can't enter into a panic attack, I should be there for Khaleel when he needs me the most" She uttered to herself as she picked the jug which is on the bedside drawer and pour water on the cup.

She drank the water calming herself down.

She then went inside the bathroom to wash her face.

After she came out of the bathroom, she picked her phone to call Khaleel's number again hoping for Khaleel to picked the call, and what the man told her to be just her illusion.

"Assalamu alaikum" Fadimatuu said faintly when the man picked the call.

"Waalaikumussalam" The man replied.

"Please repeat what you informed me before" Fadimatuu requested holding back her tears.

"I said your husband was involved in an accident" The man repeated what he told her and she couldn't hold back her cries any longer.

"Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajiun (Verily we belong to Allah, and verily to Him, we will have to return)" She uttered crying.

No Khaleel can't be involved in an accident, they just talked before he left the office. Then what went wrong? She said in her mind.

She knows he's fine, nothing can happen to him, he's a strong man. She hoped, but she knows it's her wishful thinking.

"Sorry Ma'am, stay strong for your husband, I know he wouldn't want you breaking down like this" The man tried consoling her on the phone and that did it as she has to be strong for Khaleel.

She wiped her tears. "Where is my husband now?" She asked the man.

"He's taken to Kelina hospital" The man replied.

"Okay I'm coming right now" She said and with that she hung up the phone.

She hurriedly picked her hijab and wear it and then picked her car keys and dash out of the room.

She ran to the parking lot. The moment she settled on the car, she roared the car to life and speed up the car.

She stopped at the gate.

"Madam I hope everything is fine that you're going out this late?" One of the security men asked her as he saw how she speed up the car.

"Just open the gate for me" She didn't know when she yelled at him, the thing she never did to people.

"Sorry Madam but where are you going? Sir says we shouldn't let you be going out this late" The other security man said.

"My husband was just involved in an accident and you're telling where am I going? Can you just hear yourselves? Open the gate for me if not you're fired" Fadimatuu's next words make the security men shocked.