"But Badi maa-"

"Don't interrupt." She shakes her head. "I want you to remember what you said a few minutes ago."

We will. Even though we are parents we are still children for you.

"This is very risky, Mishti. I let you do what you choose because you needed distractions. I was damn scared to let you go. Think of your children. They also have just got entire happiness, do you want a case to destroy it?"

"But they are very understanding," I say quickly before she cuts me off.

"How understanding will they be when they found out something happened with you?" She looks at me appalled. "Remember you once were hospitalized and it was not easy for me and they are children."

I let out an exasperated breath as I look down at my hands.

"Abir, don't you think what I am saying is right?" I look up at him as she asks him.

"Badi maa, I don't know who is right or wrong here." He shrugs. "I want Mishti to do what she wants and I am willing to help her with it."

"What about you? You still want to be an undercover cop, right?" I look at him.

"Don't think I am asking you to stop working but I think whatever Badi maa said has a point." He looks away from me as he lets out a breath. "I started to work as an undercover cop because I wanted peace and I got that by helping people and keeping myself busy."

"Honestly saying I wasn't able to take care of Arya and Aryan. Just coming back home, talking and sleeping with them." I hear his voice getting sluggish in the end and I instantly feel sad for him.

"Everyone in my family took responsibility to take care of them. It was when I came to Mumbai I started taking care of them and I couldn't do it best without your help, you know that."

"You are the best father," I say as I run my hand on his back.

"I think, you guys should know that I didn't mean to question how good you are as a parent." Badi maa looks at us with a sad face. "Honestly, I love the way Abir has grown two kids without a mother, even though you had your family helping you it was still you who fulfilled their needs."

"I just want you guys to understand that two lives are depending upon you and they are having a lot of expectations from you now so, please don't let anything rupture it."

I let out a sigh as I look down clasping my hands. We all stay silent and I wonder what's going in Abir's mind. I look up at Arya and Aryan, their eyes are glued to the TV screen and they look quite interested in whatever they are watching.

Now, whenever I have to do something I keep in mind I have my kids and husband and this is new to me, to understand it I took a break from my work.

It gives happiness to kids when they have both parents with them. I know the value of parents and the pain of losing them and I sure don't want my kids to go through that phase.

I have been hospitalized four times but I made sure Badi maa never gets to know about it. The first time she came to know about it and seriously she was adamant and asked me to leave the duty and that she doesn't want to lose me.

I even made my mind to leave the duty because I couldn't see her cry but what would I do if I leave it?

All I would do is sit, cry and overthink. That would also make her worry about me, if I don't work I will be living with her and I didn't want her to see my sad face every day.

Life with Sam and Shreya took me to another world. A world where we worked hard together. One moment sharing deep thoughts, another moment me and Sam arguing and Shreya solving it.