FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
the aftermath.

CHUCKY SAT AT THE edge of Ruby's bed, the two teens being unable to sleep, the girl more terrified to sleep as the redheaded doll was only a few feet away.

"How you doing?" Chucky asked, watching the boy sit up and sigh.

"Not good." Jake replied flatly, holding his hand on the side of his head as his veins popped, the pounding was unbearable.

"Look, sorry about the eye, kid." He blurted out an apology, "I promise I will never do that again."

Jake formed his lips into a flat line as glared at the doll, "Heard that before."

"That was some party." Chucky attempted to switch the subject.

"It sucked." Ruby joined the conversation, bringing her knees into her chest as she rested her chin on the tops of them.

Chucky flickered his eyes between the friends, "Like I said before, some people just deserve to die. Look at the world. It's the super bowl of slaughter. And you can't just sit in the stands, you know? We all gotta get out there and get in the game. It's kill or be killed. Whose team do you guys wanna be on? Because sooner or later, everybody's gotta choose."

They watched as he slid the knife out of his small front pocket, it glistening in the moonlight shining into their shared room, "Make the right choice. Kill the bitch before she kills you."

"I don't know if I can do that." Jake gulped, his hands beginning to shake.

"Man the fuck up." Chucky cursed, clutching the weapon tightly, "What did they all do tonight? They laughed, just like Lexy wanted. They were all laughing at you. I told you, We're the only real friends you got in the whole world."

Jake slowly inched off the bed, sitting beside the doll, darting his eyes down to his phone screen to avoid eye contact.

"Take the knife, Jake." Chucky put it forth, staring up at his side profile, "You know you want too. Take it."

The boy reached for it, his bottom lip quivering as he scrunched his face up in fear, he only looked at the knife, his eyes beginning to water.

"Congrats, kid." Chucky cackled sinisterly, "You're going to the super bowl."

"Jake." Ruby muttered in fear as she watched him clutch the knife, she scooted backwards until she hit the headboard.

He turned over his shoulder to glance at her, "Ruby."

"Y-You wouldn't. You can't kill her. You'd be insane." She denied, shaking her head no frantically x

"You're one to talk, Ruby." Chucky chimed in, making her snap her eyes over to him, "You didn't even try to stop me when you knew I was gonna kill her. Admit it already. You want her dead as much as we do."

Ruby got chills as his words sunk in, her actions from hours before replaying in her mind on a loop, she felt sick to her stomach.

"I'm getting a glass of water." She got up abruptly, exiting the room quickly as she hurried down the steep steps.

She crept to the cabinets, grabbing a small glass as she retrieved the water, her nearly dropping the cup as she laid eyes on the shadow at the back of the kitchen.

"Sorry." Junior stepped into the small light, still dressed in his costume as he sat down on the stools, folding his hands in front of him.

"What are you doing?" She asked, brushing her fallen strands away from her face as set the glass down.

He sighed lowly, "Couldn't sleep. Why are you down here?"

"Water." She replied flatly, "Is everything okay?"

"Yep. Totally fine." He gulped, tapping his fingertips along the marble counter, the clear look of uneasiness written on his precious features.

She stepped over to the other side of the counter, flickering her light eyes between his dark ones, "I know something's wrong, Junior. We can talk about it if you want. If not I understand."

"It's just, um, Lexy. Just feels like we're really thrown off lately, you know?" He shrugged in embarrassment.

"I can't relate but I'm sure she loves you. Relationships suck sometimes but love is powerful. And she makes you happy." Ruby sallowed, her own words burning a large hole in her heart.

He nodded, "Yeah she does. Thanks, Ruby. I needed that."

"Anytime."

He smiled gently at her, making butterflies awaken in her stomach, gently placing his cold palm over her smaller hands, tapping them a few times before he exited the kitchen, leaving her in the darkness with her mind spinning.

authors note <3

slow burn has my heart man.