Her lips were beginning to numb and slowly everything around her was beginning to get blurry.

Ardolf turned to Aidan as he acknowledged him and noticed Duncan wasn't aware yet of Tara's state.

Duncan continued to talk Aidan and noticed his attention was elsewhere.
He followed his gaze and saw his father rubbing Tara's hands on the table as if trying to calm her.

Duncan frowned and looked at Tara.
She was flushed and looked as if she was going to faint. Immediately instinct took over and he stood. He walked over towards his father and looked at Tara as she slowly placed her fingers to her forehead.

"I'm not feeling good," her voice slurred.

"Duncan take her to her chamber I will send Moira up to attend to her," Ardolf ordered quickly glancing over to Aidan.

With no hesitation Duncan bent to gather Tara in his arms as she weakly protested but got no where and slouched in his arms.

"What is wrong with her father?" Duncan frowned.

With a puzzled shrug, he ordered a servant to look for Moira. Aidan stood by his side by this time and followed Duncan as he climbed the steps quickly.

He quickly placed Tara on the bed and he too as he stood up from her side quickly his head grew heavy and the room began to spin. He staggered abit. And shook his head. Frowning he looked up to Ardolf and Aidan that were standing watching him.

Shaking his head he could barely stand and slouched towards the side of the bed.
Breathing heavily he looked at his father and brother with a heated glare.

"What did you do?," his words slurred with a growl.

Aidan watched as Duncan struggled to stand. His muscles flexed as he grabbed the bed post and held onto it tightly. Slowly he went close to his brother and helped him to the other side of the bed. Duncan's large frame tipped forward as Aidan nervously shoved forward to keep Duncan from toppling him over and crushing chin with his large frame. With ahard push finally Aidan got him to fall on his back on the large bed beside Tara.

Duncan began to mumble furiously at Aidan as he dragged his large legs on the bed to accommodate his brother. Breathing heavily he stumpled back in time to hear clearly Duncan's threat.

"When I wake up Aidan I'm going to snap your bloody neck," he slurred before passing out.

Looking at his father he grinned and walked towards him.
"Just as planned."

Turning they looked at Duncan and Tara. Giving each other one last glance Ardolf and Aidan left the two sleeping. The morning will come and that's when the real test of his theory will take root.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Everyone in the keep when morning came were given strict orders that no matter what they heard, they were not to open Tara's door.
The door to Taras room stays barred shut.
Worried glances were exchanged.
Hesitating they nodded at Aidan's warning and were dismissed after.

As much as didn't want to admit it.
Finally the keep was at peace for once...
And quiet...

Sunlight crept in through the closed drapes in her chamber. Just enough light for the rays of the sun to land on his face. With a low moan he tried to open his eyes. Slowly waking from the heavy sleep his eye gritty and dry slowly blinked open. He felt as if were badly beaten and if he took a couple of blows to the head the way it felt so heavy.