𝖯𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

Start from the beginning

"why are all y/ns so embarrassing like???"

"lets go hate y/n club."

"youre literally avoiding him what if he dies dumb bitch!"

"i hate you sm."

soobluvr commented on 'Under Cover | Choi Soobin - 16 : Her Treachery'

"no dont sue him idiot!"

"i hate y/n now."

"soobin shouldve just shot her on the head wbk."

"she's so dumb. of course she's y/n."

"Wow, fan fictions sure do prove how people can lose their morality over guys, huh?" Ria scoffed, tossing her phone to the floor. "Fucking simps."

She glanced up at the night sky and admired the twinkling stars as they dotted the dark heavens. The evening breeze blew against the windowpane, rattling the glass. Ria propped them open to feel the sweet air. A breath of relief escaped her lips as she closed her eyes to savor the pleasant sensation. In times like these, she couldn't help but dream. As the crickets sang beneath the golden moon, she let herself roam past dimensions, travelling to places she had never been before.

"You never listen to me, Antuan!"

"It's not like that, Isabella. You have to understand my situation too."

"What about us? Our cupboard is empty, so is our fridge. Ria is struggling to pay her college tuition. We have bills to cover. What exactly are you trying to prove?"

"I don't have a high-paying job, you know that."

"I should have gone back to the Middle East, then. I made a lot more money there from scraping off my master's tiles and changing her son's diapers than you driving around the city!"

"Isabella."

"Shut up, Antuan. I'm sick of you."

"To God," Ria murmured. "Or to the Dark Lord- whoever's listening, I don't really care. I pray to achieve longevity and to never, never, lose the most important piece of myself which is my mind."

"I pray to dream about five, handsome men tonight. Please have at least one of them kiss me, Jesus. A peck will do."

"I pray for Your angels to guide me through my bullshit and bad life decisions, guide me Lord."

She belted an exhausted sigh. She was about to close her window when she suddenly spotted a shooting star glide across the horizon. Squinting her eyes, she noticed a trail of sparkling light hover towards her direction. It looked like a cloud of silvery glitter when viewed from afar. Ria anxiously backed away, thinking that it might cause her harm.

The odd shimmer entered her room and halted right above her round paintbrush. It rained down on the material, bewitching it for a second before everything went back to "normal".

"Excuse me?" Ria whispered. "What was that?"

Her eyes widened as her paintbrush started to float in midair. It glowed in white, its luminance pulsating and mystical. Ria took a brave step forward. Out of curiosity, she touched the bristles. The paintbrush abruptly landed on her palm, making her jolt.

"What the fuck?" She croaked. "Excuse me, Mr. Star but what am I supposed to do with this?"

An idea clicked into her mind. Grabbing her easel, she dragged the glittery paintbrush across the wet canvas. To her utter surprise, bright white streaks appeared on the fabric. She sketched some more, until she was able to create a "portal" to another realm. Ria's mouth fell agape as she stared. She reached out to see if she could pass through.

"Wha-" she flinched as her hand went in. "-that's interesting."

Out of nowhere, she heard a long, distant purr. Ria tried to call her beloved feline. But her pet was nowhere to be seen. Tucking the paintbrush inside her pocket, she turned to the window. The full moon sailed still overhead. But as she gazed longer, she realized that the moon had grown a twin. Two satellites now hovered the night sky, drawing long black slits across its surface to resemble a pair of cat eyes. One was yellow and the other was blue. Ria stiffened.

"Mama! Papa!" She fumbled against the doorknob. "Mama! Papa!"

Terror sweeped over her being as she couldn't seem to escape. The two moons "blinked" and "hissed". Ria started to whimper. She banged her fists against the sturdy wood, yelling, but her parents hadn't heard a thing.

"Please!" She cried. "Let me out! Help!"

Ria didn't want to close the window. She was scared of what might happen if she dared to come closer. She almost fainted as long black shadows began to creep from the walls. They stretched as if they were hungry arms, itching to drag her to hell. Ria desperately looked around for an alternate route. The odd-eyed cat growled, prompting her to take a bigger canvas and paint with her "magical" paintbrush. A brand new portal came to life. Ria had no other choice but to jump in.

"Nightmares happen for a reason," she gulped. "Mr. Star didn't rain his sparkles on my shit for nothing. This better save me."

Ria pinched her wrist to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She reluctantly shoved her right leg into the canvas. She didn't feel anything- no land, no rock, just an empty void. Although she was unsure of what she was doing, Ria jumped in. Her body disappeared in a jitter as the light swallowed her. The portal sealed shut, leaving a blank canvas behind and just like that..

..she vanished.