"I thought you were interested?"

I was slightly confused, but it quickly became clear to me that Shawn didn't really know the people that lived here. It was obviously not the home of an elderly couple who used to babysit him. The screaming lady beside us certainly did not recognize Shawn.

Panicking, I jumped out of the hot tub and began sprinting across the yard towards the street where our car was parked. I could hear Shawn behind me and the woman hollering for her husband to call the police.

Shawn jumped in the drivers' seat and we quickly sped off down the road. Through the side mirror, I saw the woman run frantically out into her driveway, her husband trailing close behind. My heart was pounding and my palms were sweating. I had almost just gotten arrested, and I had skipped school. What was I doing?

"What the hell Shawn?" I cried once we finally turned out of the neighborhood and onto the main road. "What just happened?"

"That lady was not happy that we were in her hot tub."

"Obviously!" I exclaimed, "I thought you said you knew the people who lived there."

"I don't," he laughed, "But I knew that I'd never be able to convince you to go back there with me if you knew we were trespassing."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the seat. I let out a deep sigh. "Shawn, I know you're a delinquent, but I'm not okay? I don't want to get arrested."

"You're fine," Shawn replied. "I won't let anything happen to you."

I sighed again and turned on the radio. It was almost four in the afternoon, school had been out for almost two hours. I knew my parents would be home soon, so I asked Shawn to drive me home. He was obviously annoyed with me. I didn't mind, because I knew none of this was my fault. He was the one who showed up at my house, asked me to skip school, and brought me to sit in a random couple's hot tub.

Luckily Shawn had thought to grab my clothes before we had sprinted off. We were nearing our street, so I quickly slipped my sweatshirt and pants on. Shawn drove a few houses down from me, where he had parked his car before we left. The two of us got out so I could jump in the driver's seat and Shawn could get in his car. He politley held the door open for me as I headed to the driver's side.

"I had fun with you today," I said, turning to face him before we said goodbye.

Shawn was silent. Every time he got this way, I became nervous. He would be mute for a few long, awkward moments while he watched me. It felt like he was staring into my soul; Shawn watched me with cold, unmoving eyes. I was especially nervous because I didn't know if he was still annoyed with me. But last time he was quiet like this, he had kissed me.

And he did it again.

It wasn't as rough as before. This time when he kissed me, it was softer. It was sweet. He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him, grasping the fabric of my oversized sweatshirt in his large hands. His lips were gentle and smooth. I stood like a frozen statue as he reached one of his hands up to brush a stray hair from my face. Finally, he slowly pulled away. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him start to blush.

"It's nice to not be interrupted," he said quietly. "Goodbye, Grace."

I was still frozen from the kiss, but I managed to choke out a goodbye. Shawn chuckled and shook his head at my awkwardness. I got in my car and pretended to fiddle with the radio until he drove away. When he was gone, I closed my eyes, leaned back and sighed.

"What am I doing?" I asked myself.

..............................................................................................................