Chapter 27 Mikey's Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"And I don't regret that," Ayato said, "But that's not the point. The point is that Lucifer won't tell me what is really going on. I can tell there's something more that he isn't telling me but I can tell that Lucifer is suffering and fighting on his own. I'm afraid that he really will end up dead."

Mikey could relate on some level with Lucifer. Mikey was suffering and took on so many burdens but he wouldn't tell anyone about it. He didn't want to drag anyone into his suffering. Though, his heart felt like it was slowly losing the mass amount of pain that once weighed him down because of Kai being in his life. She made everything feel like they would work out. Like he deserved to be happy.

Maybe that was why he was so wary of Lucifer. He saw himself in Lucifer. Did he also have dark impulses? Would the people he cares about be safe while Lucifer was alive? What if Lucifer lost himself? Would Mikey be able to defeat him?

"Why should we know that?" Mikey finally asked.

"Because I think you should know that he isn't a bad guy. He might be reckless with his own life but he does everything he can to try to protect everyone. And another thing." Mikey waited patiently for Ayato to continue. "Lucifer is not a threat to Toman so you can stop looking at him like an enemy."

I hope you are right, Yato.

----------

December 26th, 2005

"M-Mikey-kun?" Mikey heard Takemitchy's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Takemitchy, where's your sister? She hasn't answered any of my texts or calls."

Mikey had grown concerned over his girlfriend. It was now past noon and she hadn't responded to him. He worried that she disappeared once again. Or worse.

"O-Oh. My sister? Well she uh."

Mikey's eyes narrowed, "Where is she?"

He heard the younger boy sigh, "She's sleeping."

Sleeping? That wasn't like his Kai. She always woke up early. He often woke up to her text messages.

"She's sick with a fever and she told me not to tell you so you wouldn't worry."

Mikey did not miss a beat, "I'll be there soon."

"Wait! Mikey-!"

Mikey did not waste any time. He hung up the phone to go collect things she might need. He would be there for her. He was going to take care of her so that she recovered faster.

----------

When Mikey arrived at the Hanagaki residence, he did not imagine seeing his girlfriend buried under so many blankets. He turned to Takemitchy as he stood just outside of his sister's door with a look of worry. Mikey had practically forced himself in the house. Takemitchy could not stop the Toman's leader from entering. Nothing would ever stop Mikey from being there for his girlfriend.

"I got it from here, Takemitchy," Mikey said with a smile, raising his hand with a plastic bag, "I brought her medicine and some of Emma's cooking. I'll take good care of your sister. So don't worry."

"Mikey-kun..." Takemitchy said in a state of awe, "You really like my sister."

"Don't be silly, Takemitchy," Mikey said as he made his way into the room, putting the plastic bag on the coffee table in the middle of the room. He turned to the boy with a warm smile that showed all his affection for Kai, "I don't just like your sister. I love her."

Takemichi seemed to be speechless as the words slipped so casually from Mikey's mouth. He could tell that Mikey really meant every word. That's why he needed to know.