⋆ 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞: 𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

on the menu tonight:

🍄 bonus scene (cut from last chapter)
🍄 lockscreens
🍄 playlist
🍄 fanart feature
🍄 author's notes

───── ⋆ 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 ⋆ ─────

cut from the end of Tryst by Mushroomlight
as the chapter was already quiiiite long,
and I was feeling that cliff-hanger ending

⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆

𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 | 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

It was half past midnight, which meant that Vivi was late.

Jude paced her living room floor like a caged beast, checking and rechecking her gear. Salt—check. Turned-out socks—check. Knives—check, check, check. Pistol—locked and loaded.

All she needed now, was a ride.

A sudden gust of wind drew her attention to the open balcony door. It threw her curtains into a frenzy and sent the pages of Cardan's books fluttering like hummingbird wings. The gust soon subsided to a steady pattern of whooshings. Wingbeats.

An enormous creature was hovering there, right outside her apartment.

'A peryton,' she whispered, as though to afford greater reality to what her eyes were seeing and yet hardly believing.

A winged stag. A mythical beast, stranger in the flesh than any faerie schoolbook had ever depicted. It had a feathered mane, a dove's tail, and a pair of creepy talons where its front hooves should have been. The composition of features was made all the more strange by the tangle of blinking Christmas lights hung through its antlers.