25) Luigi Is Hot And I Can't Be Convinced Otherwise

We watched as Mr. Weasley rifled through the papers Kingsley had given him. I was already bored out of my mind.

"Ah," Mr. Weasley pulled out the latest edition of The Quibbler, thumbing through it, "yes.... Yes, he's right, I'm sure Sirius will find that very amusing — oh dear, what's this now?" A memo zoomed in through the door and landed on top of a hiccuping toaster in the back. He unfolded it and read aloud, "'Third regurgitating public toilet reported in Bethnal Green, kindly investigate immediately.' This is getting ridiculous..."

"Oh, I love magic. I love regurgitatating toilets. I bet Bob with the chicken would love this. I love Bob. I miss Bob...." I shook my head, missing my third favorite human being (Draco was first favorite, and Chef Boyardee was a close second). "Anyway, regurgitating toilets?"

"Anti-Muggle pranksters," Mr. Weasley frowned. "We had two last week, one in Wimbledon, one in Elephant and Castle. Muggles are pulling the flush and instead of everything disappearing — well, you can imagine. The poor things keep calling in those — those pumbles, I think they're called — you know, the ones who mend pipes and things —"

"Plumbers?" Harry questioned.

"Like Luigi," I said. "I wouldn't mind him working on my pipes."

"Dude, what?" Harry stared at me in disgust.

"Eugh, you prefer Mario, don't you? Boring," I shook my head, saddened by the idiocy of someone I had thought to be a friend.

"Well, anyway, the plumbers are flummoxed," Mr. Weasley sent us confused looks — neither of us bothered to explain. "I only hope we can catch whoever's doing it."

"It's Bowser, obviously," I said. "Though I wouldn't mind him working on my pipes, either."

"Will it be Aurors who catch them?" Harry ignored me.

"Oh no, this is too trivial for Aurors, it'll be the ordinary Magical Law Enforcement Patrol," Mr. Weasley said.

"Oh, so potentially harming Muggles is too trivial, but me making amazing artwork on the side of buildings, not causing any harm, no bad intentions, that's enough for the Aurors?" I shook my head. "There's an agenda there. Dumb politics — oh, hello."

"Ah, boys, this is Perkins," Mr. Weasley smiled at the old, fluffy haired wizard that had walked in, out of breath.

"Oh Arthur!" Perkins didn't even look at us. "Thank goodness, I didn't know what to do for the best, whether to wait here for you or not, I've just sent an owl to your home but you've obviously missed it — an urgent message came ten minutes ago —"

"I know about the regurgitating toilet," Mr. Weasley said.

"No, no, it's not the toilet, it's the Potter boy's hearing — they've changed the time and venue — it starts at eight o'clock now and it's down in old Courtroom Ten —"

"Down in old — but they told me — Merlin's beard —" Mr. Weasley looked at his watch, yelped, and leapt from his seat. "Quick, boys, we should have been there five minutes ago!" Perkins moved out of the way as we left the office running.

"Why have they changed the time?" Harry panted as we booked it past the Auror cubicles, ignoring the curious looks as we moved past.

"I've no idea, but thank goodness we got here so early, if you'd missed it it would have been catastrophic!"

I frowned, knowing that the time and place couldn't have been changed for any good reason.

Mr. Weasley skidded to a stop in front of the elevators, and impatiently jammed the down button, "Come ON!" The elevator appeared and we hurried on. Every time it stopped at a floor, Mr. Weasley cursed and pummeled the poor level nine button. "Those courtrooms haven't been used for years. I can't think why they're doing it down there — unless — but no...." A witch entered the elevator and he did not elaborate.

"The Atrium," the cool, annoying disembodied voice returned, and we got a great view of the fountain when a sad looking wizard walked in and the witch walked out.

"Morning, Arthur," the sad wizard said. "Don't often see you down here..."

"Urgent business, Bode," Mr. Weasley bounced on the heels of his feet, looking nervous as he glanced back at Harry.

"Ah, yes," Bode stared at Harry unblinkingly. "Of course."

"Department of Mysteries," the bitch voice read the title of the book (and the floor we arrived on), and we sped out of the elevators and down another corridor. This corridor was darker than the ones we'd gone through above — it had no windows and the walls were bland. There was only one visible door at the end of the hallway. I thought we were going to go through it, but Mr. Weasley moved to the left, where there was a flight of steps leading downwards.

"Down here, down here," Mr. Weasley panted, taking two steps at a time. "The lift doesn't even come down this far... why they're doing it there..."

We reached the last step and ran down yet another corridor (surprise surprise), and it vaguely reminded me of the hallway down to Snape's classroom (dungeon). The doors we passed looked heavy and had iron bolts and keyholes.

"Courtroom... ten... I think we're nearly... yes," Mr. Weasley stopped in front of a dirty door with a large, menacing lock. He clutched at a stitch in his side. "Go on. Get in there."

"Aren't — aren't you coming with —?" Harry looked a million times more nervous.

"No, no, I'm not allowed. Good luck!"

"It'll be all right, I'll be there in the seats on the side. You get nervous, and look at me, I'll be making goofy faces and will yell when they say stupid stuff," I said, smiling at Harry, hoping he couldn't see the worry clear on my face. "You've got this."

Harry let out a breath, his face paper white, and he turned the heavy iron door handle. Together, we stepped inside the courtroom.

Happy new year! May this year be better than the last! Hopefully. I've had a great start so far, was in pain, more pain, and then even more pain. But I am fine now! We watched Encanto and it is still my favorite Disney movie, and I got to have a burger! What a blast! I love burgers. How has all of yours start to the new year been? Good, bad, or just another day?

Anyway, I hope you guys have had a wonderful 2021, or at least a decent one, and I hope you have a great 2022! See you on Monday CT. Love ya!