Chapter 4 ➼︎ Meg's Wedding Day!

Start from the beginning

I had not met many men here in town yet. But grew really found of Laurie. I should not keep my hopes in that he would notice me. He seemed to have noticed Jo already.

"What? Do you like our Laurie?" teases Amy. She grins at me.

"No" I lie as I blush.

"Oh, you do prefer our Laurie. He is wonderful" jokes Amy. Now my face is red. After the wedding dinner Meg headed to her new home with John. 

•✿︎︎•

"Where is Jo?" I wonder.

"Did she come back yet?" my aunt asks me.

"I am not sure sorry" I say.

Suddenly Jo comes bursting in the room. Slamming the door behind her. Then rushing up the stairs. Amy had left with aunt March. My aunt and I head upstairs to go talk to Jo. I wondered what could be wrong with her. 

"Jo what is it?" asks my aunt.

"Marmee what is wrong with me? I am awkward! I say the wrong things" she wails. She is crying. 

"Calm down. What happened?" she asks.

"Teddy asked me to marry him. And I refused him" she softly says with tears running down her face.

I gasp. He did like her. He loved her. He asked her to marry him. My heart sinks.

I was nothing to Laurie. I hide my pain inside. I could brush it away. I had not known him long anyway.

"You can go over there and beg for him back" I say.

"No, I am not good enough. I am not the type to bash around London with him. I am not the type to sit by and let a man lead. I am not the type to marry off" she sighs. "why can't things stay as they are?" she cries as my aunt hugs her.

"Jo, my dear Jo, you are wonderful and exceptional. There is nothing dull about you! You can't stay the same because everyone changes. We long for the ones we lose but life is wonderful. We can't stay in our past" she is telling her. "you need a change. Maybe you could stay in New York with my friend Kitty. She is a school friend. We visited her when you were a child. Beth came with us remember her?" says my aunt.

"Oh yes, I loved New York" says Jo.

"You could help her with her school kids. Get free room and board. You could write and see publishers there. Oh, Jo it would be perfect for you" adds my aunt. 

"How exciting. New York!" I say. I glance over the window. I hear music playing loudly. 

"That is Teddy. In pain. I have to go somewhere. I can't stay here" wails Jo.

I nod. I head out of there to let them keep talking. I head over to see Laurie. We were friends after all. I knock on the door. His grandfather let's me in. I go to the room in a den where he was playing.

He looks up to see me. He had been crying.

•✿︎︎•

"Laurie are you okay?" I softly ask as our eyes meet. 

"I need no one's pity" he bitterly remarks.

"I am here to offer only my friendship, not offer you any pity of any sort!" I state. "I thought you can use one. A friend" 

He gets up. "So we can be close friends? To make me fall for you? Then you too can break my heart? I bet you would like the chance to do that as well" he bitterly remarks as he comes over to me.

My heart races with anger. 

"Forget it. I have enough friends with all of the March sisters." I snap with anger.

He grabs my hand to stop me from leaving. My heart races in my chest. His eyes were on mine.

I remove my hand from his. 

"Don't touch me. Or talk to me until you wish to act normally and treat me as a friend would another friend. Goodbye, Mr. Laurence" I snap as I walk out of there.

I leave as fast as I can. Then go up to the attic. Feeling so angered. By Jo wanting to leave me already. And Laurie thinking all women were out to hurt him. I brush the bitter tears back.

Then I get to writing poems again. Everyone in my life always left me. I did not know why now I though things would be any different. Everyone left. I was the only person I could count on. I needed to seek a job. Then get my own place. And move from here. To be alone. 

I did my best on my own. I was the only person I could count on.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|