| 여덟 |

Lee Yuki

It is Thursday, which means tomorrow is the wedding.

My wedding.

Sitting here alone in the backyard of the Kim's, playing with Yeontan's fur, I think how my life has changed. Like one time, I'm celebrating my mom's birthday and next time, we get to know she is diagnosed with cancer. I'm exhausted.

Yeontan's movement in my lap broke the chain of thoughts. I looked down at him, only for him looking behind me and then I hear a clearing of throat. Turning around,I see Taehyung standing behind me.

He was looking so good in those black printed sweatpants and a simple white sweatshirt. His hands behind his back and his hair sticking in his forehead. It looks like he just came back from his daily jog.

"Mmm hi. "
He said with a smile as he looks at Yeontan sitting on my lap.

"Hey. "

"Can I sit here? "

"Of course. "
I moved a little so he can sit too. He ruffled his hair and sat down.

"So, what are you doing here alone? "

"Ah nothing. Just thought to take a break from this life. "

"Oh. "
We just sat there in silence.

Awkward

"So Yuki what are your future plans? Like what you wanna do after studies ? "
Ah finally someone said something.

"I'm in business so maybe I'll join some company after my studies are over. "

Humming in response, he brought his hand to pet Yeontan.

"Yuki, you know, you don't ever need to stop from expressing yourself to us, to me. I know what you have and are going through. Never hide anything, even if it is the smallest thing from me because I don't want to have a small thing create a misunderstanding between us. And I want you yo know that I'm willing to give this marriage a chance. "

I looked at him with unshed tears in my eyes. He cleared all my doubts that were bugging me since the time I came to know about this news.

He gave me a smile which was warm enough for me to smile back.

"You know when I first brought Tan to home, he used to hate me. Like literal hate. If sometimes I went to pet him, he would bark at me or worse lash on me and threaten to bite me. " 

I laughed listening to his experiences with Yeontan.

Soon enough we both we both were laughing and throwing jokes as if we were childhood buddies. As we both sobered up from our laughing phase, we looked at each other with soft smiles playing on our lips.

I felt calm after this talk.

And I think I'm ready for tomorrow.