Are WE for Real?

Chapter One – Awkward Meeting

Ga Eul's POV

I was woken by the continuous ringing of the doorbell. I got up from my bed and groaned because of fatigue. That was the result of my few days' vacation out of Korea.

"Who could this annoyance be?"I said. I went to the door to open it just to be surprised and annoyed by the person on my doorstep.

"Good morning Ga Eul-ah!" Yi Jeong greeted me.

I immediately closed the door when I realized it was So Yi Jeong, my god brother (his parents are my god parents and vice versa), the infamous girl magnet who lives next door.

Yi Jeong knocked the door. "Ga Eul-ah talk to me!" he added.

"I don't have time to argue with you Yi Jeong-ah! I'm still sleepy. Maybe you can come back next year to annoy me."

"I'll just deliver the message of Tita to you." Yi Jeong said behind the doors.

Hesitantly, I slightly opened the door. "What's the message?"I asked him not completely opening the door.

"Won't you let me in first? Don't you worry I won't bite you, I prefer voluptuous women not a child-like bo.."

I opened the door and let him in before he finished his sentence. "Yah, I know I have a child-like body, you don't have to remind me over and over again." I added.

He indeed went inside and checked the couch before sitting.

"Hey, it's clean; you are the only germ carrier here." I said.

"You're house is really clean when you're not around Ga Eul-ah." He said with a mischievous smile.

"I'm not in the mood to fight with you Yi Jeong-ah, I'm dead tired, and so I'll better go to sleep and just wake me up when you are ready to relay the message, arrasso?"I said.

"You won't have a maid for a month Ga Eul-ah." He said.

"What? Why? Where is Joo Rin Unnie?" I asked.

"She's getting married and your mom can't lend you any of your maids at home because there is only one left, they all went home for vacation." He answered right away.

"What? She's still young, she's only 25."

"Is 25 still young? You're the only 24-year old that believes that." He said with those annoying smile again.

"Yah, I'm only 20."

"But you will soon look like a 24-year old because you'll have to do all the chores."He continued to tease me.

"Arggghhhh….why do they have to go to vacation after I did? Huhuhu…what will I do? Who's going to wash my clothes? Prepare for my meals? Clean the house?"I desperately said.

"You are all grown up now but you still don't know how to do all those chores? Are you really a woman? Poor future husband!" He said.

"Yah! I know how to do it all, it just that I don't have a time to do it all. I'm studying and I have tapings and then I'm doing dj duties." I said.

"Neh, right..Poor you, that will really be tiring.. You'll be dead soon because of that, poor you…you'll bid goodbye without having to experience your first kiss.. really poor you.." He said smiling to annoy me.

I could not take his annoying stunts any longer; I continuously threw unto him the couch pillows. He raised both of his hands as a sign of defeat. "You can eat breakfast in my house if you want, I cooked a delicious meal."He added with his boyish smile.

"Really? Okay." I quickly answered. I know his a very good cook; I will be saved from having ramen or anything that is instant for breakfast.

In Yi Jeong's House…..

We ate breakfast together; I was really full, Yi Jeong-ah is really a good cook.

"I'll go wash the dishes." He said.

"Okay."

The doorbell rang and since Yi Jeong-ah was washing the dishes, I opened the door and I was surprised by the person on the doorstep. She is pretty, no question about that but I think she overly did her make-up to the extent that she already looked gay.

"Who are you? Where is Jeongie?"She asked me with her right brow arching. She doesn't know me? Had she ever watched television, read magazines, or even listen to a radio? I don't know whether I'll be glad or insulted but I've prefer to be glad. It's a relief she doesn't know me.

"Jeongie? Ahhh.. Yi Jeong-ah? He's washing the dishes. Get inside please." I answered.

"Ga Eul-ah, who was that?" Yi Jeong-ah asked. He walked towards us and he was surprised or should I say horrified by the presence of the newly arrived visitor.

"Jeongie, I miss you baby." The unknown visitor quickly hugged Yi Jeong-ah and greeted him with her sweetest tone.

"Ginger? What are you doing here?" Yi Jeong-ah asked still surprised (terrified?).

"I came here because you weren't answering my calls nor replying to my messages." The woman named Ginger answered.

"Who is she by the way? Why is she on those clothes? Is she seducing you?" Ginger continued while staring at me intently.

"Me? Seducing him? Is this kind of a joke?" I smirked.

"If you are not seducing him then why are you on those clothes?" She asked me as if she's going to cry.

I looked at my clothes; I'm still wearing my pajamas. "What's wrong with my clothes? It's natural that I'm wearing these because I'm still fresh from bed." I told her.

"What? You are fresh from what?" She asked me. She's nearly hysterical.

Realizing the consequences of my statements I immediately bid my farewell to Yi Jeong-ah and Ginger.

"Ga Eul-ah!" Yi Jeong-ah called me with desperate tone as if he's asking for help.

"Sorry Honey I have things to do. Thanks for the breakfast, I really enjoyed it." I said while licking my lips (I just added fuel...) I quickly went back to my house next door.

I heard a loud scream. If most of the time I feel sorry for the girls that Yi Jeong-ah dated, for the first time I pitied Yi Jeong-ah for having a relationship with that woman, poor guy!