Chapter 12

Chapter 12

- So Eun's POV -

I was talking to KyungSoo when my phone vibrated. I took it out and look who sent me a message.

From: Kookie

Hey! :) Mind meeting me at the rooftop garden after this?

To: Angel

*smiles* I read it and look at JungKook. He was looking at me since he sent this message. What's with them calling me Angel? It makes me cringe but still sweet though. "Why are you smiling by yourself?" KyungSoo said as he try to peek from my phone.

"Nothing." I smiled and put my phone back in my bag. Somehow I feel so hungry. When's recess? I can't wait.

- recess -

I changed my clothes and went to my locker. I opened it and keep my dancing clothes. I close my locker and was about to turn around when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Don't turn around. I just wanted you to know that you're beautiful and you've always made me smile." He took his hands off my shoulder and continue, "Don't turn around. You might feel awkward around me. Count till 20 then you can turn."

I did as he said and turn around. No one's behind me. I wonder who he is. "So Eun, let's go?" Min A, who just came from the toilet, put her clothes in her locker. I nodded and we went to the cafeteria.

I took my lunch and sat at a random table. Not long after that, Jeremy came and sat in front of me. "Where's Min?" "Here." She place her lunch on the table and sat beside me. "You said you would treat me lunch. Where's your promise?"

"I did promise you but it doesn't mean it has to be today." He stick out his tongue. All I can do is shook my head. My phone vibrated so I took it. Another message?

From: Kookie

Where are you? I'm already here.

To: Angel

Oh my gosh. I totally forget about it. "Guys, I'll be going first. I forgot I have something to do. " I quickly walk to the garden. I'm now standing in front of the rooftop door. Should I go or not? Why am I even thinking like this?

I open the door and walk in. There he is, looking at the scenery from here. I guess he didn't notice me. I was about to surprise him when he said something.

"The scenery is beautiful isn't it? Just like someone." He said and turn to me.

- JungKook's POV -

The door creaked open and I know it must be So Eun. I didn't turn around but continued looking at this beautiful scenery. I can hear her footsteps nearing me.

"The scenery is beautiful isn't it? Just like someone." I said and looked at her. I should do this or I'll lose her. She might belong to someone else. She might reject my love. She might ignore me. But I will do this no matter what.

"You wanna know something?" I said and she nodded. "There's this girl whom I like since the day I met her. But I don't know how to tell her." I said and look at her. "Tell me about her. Maybe I can help." She said and look at me.

"Well, she's very beautiful like the scenery from here. She's very innocent. From what I know, she never have a boyfriend and never kiss someone before. Even the cheeks. She's smart and looks like an angel. That's the reason why I name her Angel." I stopped and place my hands on her shoulder.

"The girl I'm talking about now is you. You're the one I like. I felt this from the very first time we met. I don't know why but I think you're a very nice girl from the first time we met. You helped us to the office and tour us around. You always help me with my studies. You're a very nice friend but I want to more than friends. Not best friends but..." I took off my hands from her shoulder.

"..... I want to be your first boyfriend and your only one." I said and look down. I couldn't face her. I somehow feel embarrassed as I confessed to her. I could feel something warm on both my hands so I look at them. She's holding my hand.

"As much as I wanted us to be more than friends, all I wanted us to be is best friends. Not more than that. I'm sorry, Kookie. I didn't mean to break your heart. " She said those words as she hold my hand.

I look at her and gave her a painful smile. "It's okay. I understand you. Well best friends?" I let go of her hands and let my pinky out. She nodded and we made a pinky promise.

"We should go now. Mrs. Ahn might get angry. We have vocal classes you remember?" She said. "You go on ahead. I'll be there on time." I said and gave her a smile. She nodded and waved at me.

I sat on the table. I felt like crying but if I do it means I'm not strong enough. I hold it in and wipe the tears that successfully escape.

- So Eun's POV -

I'm sorry, Kookie. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I don't even know about my own feelings. I quickly went to the vocal room and waited for the others. I heard the door creaked open revealing Jeremy and Min A coming in.

"Yah! Where were you? You left without telling us where you're going." Min scolded me. "Sorry. I just forgot I have something to do." I simply reply her.

- Third person's POV -

Soon, recess ended and everyone went to their respective classes. Vocal students are all already in the vocal room while JungKook is still at the rooftop. Luckily, the teacher has something to do so she's a little late.

So Eun is wondering where JungKook is. Even though she rejected him, they promised to be best friends. She was about to go out and search for him when the door creaked open revealing JungKook.

Their eyes met and So Eun smiled at him. He smiled back. Of course, a fake one, more like a painful one. Not long after that, their teacher came in and wanted them to go with their partners.

Of course, So Eun's partner is Chen. "Okay, today you'll be only practicing with your partner. You'll be performing during the school festival." Mrs. Ahn said. Those who just got in the school of course doesn't know anything about this but for the others, they've seen this before.

It was their seniors who did this last year and it'll be their turn this year. "To EXO, this school festival is held every year to show off your talents . " They all nodded in unison.

Guess we're gonna enjoy ourselves this festival, that's what everyone is thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------