"And my name's on the buzzer," Kate said. Clint's eyes lingered over their shoulders before he looked back at them.

"Oh, no. Get down," he said.

They dropped down as a window smashed behind them. A bottle landed on the ground behind them, sparking up a large fire near the stairs. Clint jumped up onto the stairs where he was safe from fire and broke the window, catching another bottle and throwing it back to the Tracksuit Mafia.

Kate let go of Wednesday and barrelled up the stairs, shooting an arrow at the window before anyone else could throw a bottle at them. Wednesday climbed up after her, making quick work of grabbing the selection of throwing knives she owned.

Pizza Dog was whimpering at the top of the stairs and Wednesday grimaced.

"I'm sorry, baby," she said.

Kate let go of an arrow and it hit the fire extinguisher. The extinguisher shot off the wall, rocketing around the apartment before flying out of the open window towards the Tracksuits.

Water started raining down on them from the sprinklers in the ceiling and Wednesday let out a small groan.

"My hair," she whispered.

"Our home! Our stuff!" Kate cried, stumbling up the stairs to Wednesday with Clint behind her.

"Just grab the dog and go! We'll come back for the suit," Clint said.

Wednesday grabbed the dog's lead and they quickly ran to the bedroom, climbing over the bed and kicking the window open onto the balcony. They climbed out and hurried down the stairs, disappearing down the side road.

Wednesday looked back towards the apartment building they'd just vacated, stopping as she thought about the possessions of hers that had probably just burnt to ash in their apartment.

"Wes," Kate grabbed her hand with a knowing look. "You know it's only our things gone. Theirs are still at your house," Kate said.

"Our friendship contract is in there," Wednesday said. It was framed in their kitchen, probably reduced to ash, now.

They'd made it when they were five and the rules were pretty basic. Always stick up for your best friend, always love your best friend and always be the best friend you can be. When they were ten, they'd added the condition about the punishment for not doing dares.

"We know it off by heart. We can make a new one," Kate said positively.

"I know," Wednesday sighed, following Clint down the alleyway. "Still. End of an era, or something," she said.

"It doesn't mean you can get rid of me, you know?" Kate said, slipping her hand into Wednesday's free one.

"Why would I ever want to do that? You're all I have left, Katie baby," Wednesday said quietly.

Clint looked over at the girls, frowning when he saw how upset Kate looked at how emotionless Wednesday seemed. Kate caught his eye and he raised an eyebrow. She shook her head.

"I'm not leaving you, Wes. Promise," Kate said, squeezing Wednesday's hand. "So, where are we going?" she asked.

"We need supplies," Clint said.

"Hell yeah! Avenger supplies?" Kate said.

"Not gonna lie to you, this is a bit of a letdown," Kate declared as she, Wednesday, Pizza dog and Clint walked around a pharmacy to get supplies for their injuries.

"Sorry to disappoint you. Wanna grab some of that rubbing alcohol over there? Lower shelf," Clint said, grabbing a few ointments.

Wednesday grabbed the rubbing alcohol and threw them into his basket, both of them landing standing up between a box of gauze and a few packets of stitch tape.