22 | LIGHT TORTURE

Start from the beginning

He pulls out a handkerchief from his front pocket of his suit jacket and wiped my disrespect from his face. "You're going to pay for that."

"Where my fiancé?" I growl out.

Luciano's eyes flashed in amusement. "Is this what the Northern Dragons has been reduced to? Man, I remember when I used to actually fear you all."

I stared at him. I wasn't going to let him know that his words had actually struck a small nerve. Who was I? I was tougher than this. My pain could be pushed in the back of my mind. I had been trained by assassins and taught a hundred different languages. I was not simple minded and I was not a weak leader. What had I become by protecting Alana? I had gotten to comfortable in the life that we had built in those three weeks.

I hadn't even considered other enemies. I had only focused on Scotty and him.

"Where is Alana Salvatore?"

"We'll ask the questions."

That peaked my interest. Alana had known him, how? None of this made any sense, Alana hadn't been afraid of him, she had been afraid of what he would do to me. So, who was we? How was Alana involved? And who would I have to kill to save my future wife.

I relaxed a little in the chair to give off the care that I was only slightly interested in whatever the situation that I was in. It wasn't hard for me to act cocky and relaxed, but every part of my body was sore. "Who is we?"

Luciano pulls out a blade the size of my forearm. "Why do they call you the red demon?"

"They haven't called me that in a long time." I answer with a smirk. That was relatively true, I went by the demon nowadays, and even though I wasn't fond of killing people. I did it without hesitation most of the time.

Which is exactly what I am going to do to Luciano when I get out of my predicament. I could've escaped by now, I could've fought him while in this chair if I wanted to but I needed more information. The best information came from interrogations; this is how I would find out what they know, didn't know,  or suspected.

My shoulder blade stings as Luciano slices the knife across my exposed skin. "That wasn't an answer."

My breathing is rapid as I glare at him. "Untie me and I could answer you."

I could see the fear in his eyes. I know how murderous my glare could be but the weight of my words hung heavy over his head. He knew I could take him if I had the ability to do so. The only thing keeping me in this chair was rope -- not my sore body, concussion, or what felt like broken ribs. If I had my way, in fifteen seconds he would be dead.

"There were two of you once." He says and chills roll down my body that have nothing to do with me being stuck in a freezer. A flash of his face, his eyes, and his voice run through my mind. All he has ever done is cause me pain. "You were the Red Demon and he was the Blue Demon."

"Shut up." I demand angrily. The fury that only he could bring rumbles through me. "You have no idea what you're talking about."

Luciano crouches to look at me straight in the eye, "You brought hellfire over everything. You two were unstoppable until he decided that he needed more, right?"

My mind flashed to him, again. I could see us so clearly, the way I had depended on him. Luciano's story was simple of what happened, too simple and weak. He had been my partner but it hadn't been so black and white. He had always been a boy hungry for power. Starving for it like it was the only thing that gave him life. It was the reason that I had more blood on my hands than I wanted to admit. It was the reason I had Brooklyn's blood on my hands. And now apparently, Diana's as well.