13 | jackson

did you love him?

[ 2.05 — 2.06 ]

Stiles rushed into the English classroom, not noticing the alarmed look in Willow and Scott's eyes. He had far too important information to pay attention.

"Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," he rambled.

"I think I already know," Scott muttered.

Stiles finally settled down and followed their line of sight. Sitting two rows in front of them was a blonde boy in a leather jacket with a twisted smirk on his lips.

It was Isaac.

And something bad was about to happen.

☽︎

As class ended, Stiles and Scott pulled Willow from the room before she could even think about talking to Isaac. Evidently, Jackson had gone to Sheriff Stilinski and recanted his statement about seeing Isaac's father hit him, and that was enough to make him no longer a person of interest. He was free to come back to school and stop hiding. Now with every member of Derek's pack in school, Scott was severely outnumbered.

"All right, I only found one thing online called a kanima," Stiles said as they walked through the hallway toward the economics classroom. "It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"Jaguars don't have scales," Willow informed him, and Scott nodded in agreement. That thing was definitely not a jaguar.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer," Stiles pointed out bitterly. He wasn't pleased with now being attacked twice by the creature.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead," Scott guessed.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship," Stiles muttered.

They continued discussing the possible motives of the kanima as they arrived at class. Willow took a seat behind Stiles. A few moments later, she was surprised by Jackson taking the seat next to hers — he typically sat by Danny.

"Hey, testicle left and right," Jackson whispered, clearly addressing Stiles and Scott. "What the hell is a kanima?"

All three of them whipped their heads around to look at Jackson, wondering how he had heard about the kanima. But they couldn't get their answer right away as Coach slammed a book on his desk to get their attention and begin class.

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult. I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?"