"Thanks man. I'll look after her, even if she doesn't chose me."

"Pietro!" I head Wanda shout from behind me.

"I'll um, yeah I'll just um, I'll leave you guys." I said but as I was walking away Pietro spoke to me one last time.

"Elemento? Go for it, trust me. Look after her, you promise?" He whispered in my ear.

"Promise." I said before standing back up. "I'll see you soon, quicksilver."

--

3 weeks later

I held Wanda as she cried into my shoulder. Still with my mask on so she wouldn't know who I am. I'll tell her soon, just not while her brother's being buried.

I tried to hold back my tears. My best friends gone.

"Come on Wanda, let's go inside. I'll make paprikish if you want?" I offered to cheer her up just a bit. I remembered it was her favourite Sokovian dish from when we were kids.

"How do you know how to make that? And how do you know that's my favourite?" She still didn't look at me.

"You didn't answer my question, then I might answer yours. Come on." I picked her up bridal style and carried her inside. She kept her face hidden in the crook of my neck and her arms wrapped around my neck. If only she knew what she was doing to me.

I laid her on the sofa so she could sleep while I made the food. I knew how tired she must have been, she hadn't stopped crying all day.

"I'll wake you one the food is ready. Sleep, you need it." I walked away and prepped the food.

I woke her up once I finished. Surprisingly I didn't forget how to make it even though I hadn't made it in years.

"Wanda? You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Her hair was a bit messy from her sleep but it was kind of adorable.

"I don't even know your real name or what you look like. How can I trust you and tell you anything?"

"Okay Maximoff fair point, let's change that. Hi, I'm Nick. Nicholas Johnson." I offered my hand for her to shake.

She lightly laughed at my stupidity.

"Wanda Maximoff." She replied going along with the game.

"Pretty name for a pretty face. So Maximoff, where you from?" I asked flirting slightly.

Her face went still and her eyes glossed over. It took me a moment to realise why.

"Shit. Not I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." I put my plate down on the sofa next to me and hugged her tightly.

"I'm still sorry." For a million different things but you don't know that. Let's just stick with this one for now.

--

5 months later

Wanda still hasn't seen me without my mask or figured out who I am. I need to tell her soon. She keeps hanging out with Vision and to say I'm jealous is an understatement. Whenever she laughs at him I wish it was me. Maybe if I tell her the truth she'll pick me. Or maybe it will just push her away from me. I don't know. I need to ask someones advice. Someone who's knows her.

Cap? No he's old, he won't know how to get Wanda, I've seen him try and flirt with Nat, he's terrible at it. Tony? No he doesn't know her that well. Maybe Clint? He helped her gain her confidence in Sokovia right? I don't know if they've really spoken since. I mean I've seen Wanda training with him and Nat. Nat? I recall Wanda saying Nat was like a mother figure to her. She could help me. But what if she goes full Mom mode and protective over her? Nat and Clint seem to be the best options at this point. I guess I'll talk to who ever I see first.