INTRODUCTION

Hey all! I really hope you like the story; I'd like to apologize in advance there is definitely going to be some spelling errors, but hopefully not too many.

INTRODUCTION

It was a warm summer day; I had been sitting at my desk staring at my computer screen trying to write for the past few hours, but I hadn't been able to focus. How could I? Today was the day I was supposed to find out if I had won the writing contest, I had entered three weeks ago.

Just as I placed my fingers on the keyboard, I heard my mother calling me, "Lilly, you have mail!" I heard her yell up the stairs. I jumped out of my seat and ran down the stairs. "Give me! Give me!" I yelled as I hopped in front of her, she smiled and shook her head at me as I bounced up and down, before she handed me a letter.

The letter had the official Jurassic World logo, I was so excited, I made it, or at least I hoped I did. I stared at it for what felt like forever, "Are you going to open it?" my mother asked with a smile. "I'm worried, what if I didn't get picked?" I said looking at her nervously. "They wouldn't have sent a letter though if I didn't get picked. Right?" I said trying to convince myself that it was going to be okay. I slowly opened the letter, but I couldn't convince myself to read it. "I can't!"
I exclaimed shoving the open letter toward my mother. "You read it," I squeaked. "Ah yes, my fifteen-year-old daughter who can't read her own mail," my mother chuckled. "Mom," I whined.

She took the letter out of my hands, rolling her eyes as she unfolded it. "Dear Lilly, after reading your story along with many others, we are pleased to announce that you have been selected to be one of the first to visit Jurassic Worlds' brand-new state of the art adventure camp, Camp cretaceous. You will also be given the task of writing an article about your experience at camp cretaceous, which will be published by Jurassic World." My mom finished reading and I realized I had been holding my breath the whole time. "I did it!" I screamed. "This is amazing honey," my mother said smiling at me. "It looks like you only have a few days until you will have to leave," my mother muttered as she continued reading the letter. "I should go pack then," I beamed, and I sprinted back upstairs. I pulled out my duffle bag and began to pack.