Chapter 44 - One after another

The two young adults sat down and started to talk about the times where they used to go school and meet with their friends, getting sleepy in classes, just a whole lot of laughter.

"I still can't believe that you managed to scream that loud." Y/N said, after he reminded her of a time where she creamed her lungs out after a dog popped out of nowhere and started barking at her. She'd immediately run to Y/N's presence and stood behind him as the dog continued to bark at the two.

"Who wouldn't?! Wouldn't you scream if a dog suddenly barks at you out of nowhere?!"

"I wouldn't scream as loud as you did, duh." He continued to tease.

"Liar!" Heejin puffed her cheeks, acting mad after Y/N's tease. He apologized, as they settled down.

"You know, It's really nice that we got to meet each other here and talk about how we used to behave, even though it's not really a long time ago. It's been like what, a year? 2 years?" Heejin reminisced the old times they used to go through.

"Yeah. 2 years. Now we all got our own business to do, which made us grow apart."

"Mm. It's... kind of sad, thinking about it." The conversation died down, as Heejin was thinking whether she should speak the truth.

"Y/N, I-" Just then, Y/N's phone started to ring, cutting off her words. Heejin proceeded to let him take the call, which he did.

"Hello?"

...

"Alright. I'll be home soon."

*beep*

"Who was that?" She asked.

"My manager. He told me to come home soon. I have an early schedule tomorrow, after all. I should get going, Heejin-ah. What about you?"

"I see. In that case, I'll also be going home. Let's walk down together." He nodded as they walked down the path in silence. Not much exchange of words going on since they've basically talked things out.

They reached the bottom, and it was time for them to part ways.

"See you, Heejin-ah." Heejin showed some hesitancy in her look.

'I don't want this night to end.' Was what she was thinking at that moment. She wanted the moment to keep on going, hence she thought of something she never thought she'd do, despite the things she had done.

"Y/N! B-Before you leave..." He stopped and turned.

"Let's meet here again, next week. What do you say?"

He stood there, thinking of the question she just asked. After a few moments, he agreed to her offer.

"Sure. Same time?" She smiled, feeling glad that she was brave enough to ask.

"Same time."

________

"...don't you think it's weird that we still haven't come to a decision?" Miyeon asked her partner.

After listing out all of the possible duet songs they wanted to perform with, they used the method of elimination which consists of each other's preference in mind. And now, they're left with only two.

"It's... kind of hard, really. They're on par with each other, at least if we consider each other's tastes."

"Yeah." They stared blankly onto the top of the table, thinking of decision breaker for them to finally come to a conclusion.

"Should I call one of my members' and ask for her opinion?" Miyeon asked.

"Should we?"

"Might as well try." She typed in a message on her phone, hoping that they'll at least get something out of it. Not much later, a member named Yuqi showed up into the room.