CHAPTER 8

Kabir

It was our engagement today . I was excited for today and nervous too . Today Anika would finally be my fiancé . We have talked few times but that too only on text nor me or her have called each other . The only time I had called her was for asking her to go out with me .

"Oh ho bhai aaj toh bade khush lag rahe ho ",Rohan said swinging his one arm around my shoulder .
[Trans:Brother today you are looking extra happy ]

"Ab rahenge kyu nai unko Anika bhabhi ko apna mangetar banne ki bahaut khushi ho rahi hai ",Yash said while also putting his one arm around my shoulder .
[Trans: why won't he be happy ? After all he is happy as Anika will finally be his fiancé] .

I glared at both of them and they just laughed .

"Bhai aaj toh aap bade handsome lag rahe ho ",Rohan said .
[Trans: Brother today you are looking extremly handsome ]

"Anika Bhabhi ko jo impress karna hai",Yash said .
[ Trans: He needs to impress Anika Bhabhi ]

"You both stop making fun of my oldest son ",Mom said coming to my rescue .

"Yaar Ma you always favour him",Rohan said .

"Yes we both are also your sons",Yash said .

"You both go and sit in the car now",Ma said .

Both went away while whining like children .

"You are looking so good",Ma said .

"Kisi ki nazar na lage",she said .
[Trans: There should be no evil eye]

"Gayatri Kabir let's go or we will get late",Papa yelled from outside .

We went and sat in the our cars . Mom and dad were taking one car while me , Rohan and Yash will take one car .

During whole ride Yash and Rohan kept teasing me . I was this close to kick them both out of the car .

"Hey bro",Laksh and Anuj came as soon as we reached Anika's home . The engagement was gonna be held at their garden . Only close family and Friends were invited .

"Hey guys ",I said and did a bro hug . They both did a bro hug with Yash and Rohan too .

"You guys finally came thank god",Karan said coming out .

"You early ?",Laksh asked .

"Ofcourse as Ishu is Anika's bestfriend  she came so early and ofcourse as her husband I had to come with her and now she is making me work I had barely escaped from here",He said as we all chuckled .

"Hey bhagwan tum kya kar rahe ho yaha par andar chalo kaam hai tumhara".
[Trans: Oh god what are you doing here you are needed inside]

Speak of the devil Ishika came outside .

" Ishu mai innse milne aaya tha",Karan said pointing towards us .
[Trans : Ishu I came to meet them]

"You could have met them when they came inside",She said .

"Aur tum na zyda bahane mat mara karo andar chalo batati ho tumhe",Ishika said as she held his ears and dragged him inside .
[Trans : you stop making excuses come inside I will show you now]

She stopped midway Karan sighed in relief .

"Aur tum pacho kya kar rahe ho tum bhi andar aao ya tumhe bhi Karan jaise andar leke jaau ek-ek kar ke",Ishika said and she went inside
[Trans: Now what you 5 are doing there ? Should I also drag you all like Karan and take you all inside like this one -by -one ? ]