Harry looked at the headmaster in surprise "You saw that kiss then?"

"Oh indeed Harry, and I can tell you I was so pleased that the rumours of a romance with Mr Weasley were proven false and unfounded."

"Me too," Harry shuddered at the memories of Hermione being married to Ron in his other life.

"What I'm trying to get at Harry is that I am proud of you both, more so than you know," Albus smiled.

Harry had no idea what to say to the older man so he just carried on walking along side him.

Then Albus asked the question he had avoided since Harry had shown him his memories of the battle of Hogwarts.

"If Voldemort died and all three of you survived the battle as in your memory I saw, what was the reason for your being returned to the fourth year?"

Harry stared at Albus knowing if he was not told he would return to the question again and again, he decided he would tell him, but no more than he had told Hermione since the night his mother had returned.

"As you know Hermione and I are soul-mates, well I never knew that in my other time, I was foolish in that life and I believed those rumours of a romance between her and Ron, so I stepped back and buried my feelings for her, I was stupid and stood by while she married him, it was a marriage that led to her death in the end, she died married to the wrong man, and at the wrong time, and that caused some major catastrophe in the time line.

Then you appeared to me that night told me what needed to be done to put things right, you told me nothing specific, just that I had the choice of going back to correct things, and that I would have to face it all again.

You didn't say go back in time and kiss Hermione or anything like that, you just told me that she should have died many years after she did, and that her name should have been Hermione Potter, having the chance to be with the woman I loved was something I could not resist so I took it. You know the rest." Harry finished.

Albus nodded and fell silent, his small worry that had been there from the day he learnt Harry had come back in time, the worry that Harry had maybe returned to save or to prolong his own life left him, and relief filled him instead. Harry had returned prepared to face Voldemort again for love, he was pleased that his belief in Harry was well founded, the boy had a great capacity for love, and all of it was directed at his great, great granddaughter Hermione.

Minutes later they reached Potter House and entered the kitchen of Potter House, 'I'm home love' Harry called to Hermione who was still up in the bedroom. He could feel she was not too happy with him at the moment so he added 'your grandfather is here too'.

'Would you mind coming and collecting your son' Hermione replied not sounding at all happy with him, she was not going to let him get away with his odd out of character behaviour over the past few days.

Harry knew even before he left Albus who was making the tea that he was in for a rough time, Hermione was definitely mad at him for some reason. As soon as he walked in to the bed room Hermione spoke to him rather coldly, "Oh, you remembered where you live then, and I see you haven't changed much since our children last saw you, hopefully they will remember who you are."

Harry surprised at her words didn't have a single clue what to say, he knew an apology right now would not work, not when Hermione was in to a full on lecture mood.