Together

Quinn's POV:

"What about Sweden?" Asks Leo, brushing his fingers along my shoulder.

"Hmm, maybe," I hum, as I lay my head against his chest, soaking up the warmth from our hot tub.

"You know IKEA's from Sweden. I fuckin love IKEA," he says, before continuing to tell me all about the random facts he knew about Sweden.

I just keep quiet and listen, moulding myself into his strong arms. The arms that make me feel safe, and protected.

The deep rasp in his voice never ceases to give me butterflies in my stomach. He continues to talk, and I find myself wanting to fall asleep to his voice.

Lately I've been feeling extremely tired, and I don't know why. Leo has been worried sick about me, but I have told him to take a breather because it's nothing serious. I lied.

"My love, are you tired?" He asks, rubbing the sides of my arms.

"No," I lie.

"Please don't lie, my love," he says, kissing the side of my head. "You know how worried I've been about you."

"I know, I just- I don't... I don't feel like myself lately," I say, trying to hold back the tears in my eyes.

To be honest, I've just felt so tired, and drained. I have no motivation for work, and the only things right now making me happy are my babies, and Leo. Nothing else.

"My love?" He says softly, turning my body around, and pulling me on his lap so that I face him. "What can I do?" He asks, wiping the tears that have fallen down my cheek.

"I don't know," I whimper, looking away from him.

"Look at me baby?" He asks softly. "Please."

I look at him, and I immediately feel like balling my eyes out. I'm scared that Leo is going to get annoyed with how I've been acting, and stop loving me because of my sudden change in mood recently. I don't talk as much as I used to, and I've just been so fucking tired that I haven't been as romantic with him as I want to be.

"Leo, do you still love me?" I ask. "Because lately I've been... I just— I don't know, I just don't feel like myself," I say again, sobbing softly into his neck.

Leo stays quiet, letting me cry as he rubs my back gently, creating an assurance in my mind about how safe I feel with him.

"Quinnella, my love for you will never change," he says softly, continuing to rub my back. "When you are feeling down, and not yourself, I will always be there to pick you up. No matter what the situation is, and how long you stay there for, I will be there for you, every step of the way. Quinnella, my love for you is immeasurable, and I'll remind you whenever you need to, hmm?" He says, holding my face in his hands. "I love you, my beautiful wife. Don't you forget that."

"I love you," I whisper, looking up at him with my teary eyes.

Everyday I wake up grateful that I have Leo in my life. I love our late night Wendy dates, and our movie nights. I love how he looks at me, and makes me feel beautiful. I love how he just actual hears what I say, never talking over me. He's the love of my life, and I just am so thankful I have him in my life. I still can't believe he's my husband, and it's already been three years since our wedding.

"Hug?," he asks, looking at me with a soft smile.

I instantly wrap my arms around him, feeling the warmth off his body. He always is the one to make me feel better about myself and for that I'm forever grateful. He's the love of my life. He makes me feel good.

He's my comfort person.

"You want me to make you some pasta, my love?" He asks, nudging his nose against my cheek. "How about shrimp fettuccine alfredo?"

"Yes please," I giggle softly, before kissing his soft lips.

I kiss his lips again, and he gives me another tight hug before raising me out of the hot tub, and onto the patio, grabbing me a towel so I can dry off.

"Quinnella?" He says.

"Yes Leo?"

"I love you," he says, smiling a wide, cheeky grin that makes me laugh.

"I love you," I say back.

////////

Leo's POV:

"So what's going on with you, and my sister?" I ask, before taking a bite out of my burger.

Damn, this shit is delicious. So fuckin tasty. An image of my love soon pops up in my head, and fuck do I love her so much! My talented fuckin wife.

It's been hurting my heart seeing her doubt herself like this. I know she's not feeling herself lately and I will do everything in my power to get my partner back on track.

"She's actually letting me take her on a date after 7 years of asking," he says, stabbing his salad. "7 fucking years," he mutters but with a smile in his face.

"She likes you though. You know that right," I say. "I know chasing after a girl is boring—"

"It's not boring since it's Leah," he interrupts. "If it was any other girl I would have stopped after the first week, but not with Leah. I love her."

I spit out my sprite. Elijah loves my sister? When did this happen?

"Nardo what the fuck," he says, passing me a napkin.

"Fuck, sorry," I cough. "Shit that burned my throat," I cough while Elijah tries to hold in a laugh. "When did you fall in love with her?"

"I think after a week of knowing her," he states.

"What! Eli, how have I not known this?" I ask.

"Because I thought you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore," he mumbles, looking away embarrassedly.

"Elijah you're my best friend! Forever and always. You are such a great guy and I know you'll treat her well," I declare.

"Thanks Nardo," he smiles, punching my arm jokingly.

I've known Elijah for forever, and I've always felt comfortable around him. Besides Quinnella, he's the one that knows me the best.

He's my best friend, and I hope my sister can open up and also see how great of a guy he is. He loves her, and I'd like to see my sister happy because I know how much she likes him.
———————————————————————

How did y'all enjoy that chapter?

Favourite moments?

Favourite characters?

Why do you think Quinn's feeling like this?

Have a marvellous week 🥰🥺🙃