39

(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. It's important to remember this is all totally fabricated, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.)

**********

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold

All that you need is in your soul

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

The next morning Haz dropped me off before heading back to catch his flight. He honked his horn excessively to draw attention to us on the way out, and I had to make a run for it to get inside before anyone saw me. I was stoked to get home and find a fresh change of clothes, then touch bases with Tobias to deliver the laptop later that day. Once I got inside, I saw the fridge was stocked without my asking. Thank fuck. Right away I took out a soda and drank it so fast it nearly sprayed out of my nose. Eyes-watering, I wandered down the hall to the staircase, but ran into T in the family room.

"Wuddup—" I stopped short as I entered, only to find G and her mum Yolanda sitting on the couch outside of plain view. I nearly dropped the can from my hand. In a heartbeat, all the blood shot to my head, boiling behind my face. I could sense my pressure rising, causing my ears to ring. Enraged, I spun around and headed up the stairs, barking back over my shoulder: "Taryn, upstairs now!" She shot up and followed without question, fully aware of how livid I was. She made excuses to her guests, however, that didn't stop them from following also.

"Really Z?!" Gigi called up after me, watching me cross the landing to the master suite. I completely ignored her. "I'm not going anywhere until you speak to me, Zayn! This is effecting my life too! Stop being so god damn selfish!"

Yolanda then yelled up that I couldn't avoid them forever. Apparently she didn't know who I was. The master at avoiding excruciatingly awkward situations and uncomfortable talks. I'd fly to Mars if I must, Venus, Pluto, anything to get me out of an unwanted confrontation. Spinning on my heels, I turned back and grabbed T up the remainder of the steps because she was taking too long. He bright colored hair flew everywhere. She smelled like coconut. Once inside, I locked my bedroom door behind us.

"What the actual FUCK, T?! Youh let them into my fuckin' house, broh?!" I pounded my chest. "Mine?! I thought youh had my fuckin' back! What's wrong with youh?! Are youh daft?!"

"I will NOT speak to you when you're like this, Z!" she spat, moving into the bathroom and slamming it shut. There was a flash of her curly teal hair before the door closed.

"Fuckkkkk...." I growled, trying to calm down. Trying not to punch something. My eyes were twitching with all the rage I struggled to contain. This was no way to resolve anything. I attempted Harry's breathing technique, but it didn't work since he wasn't there to guide me this time. I'd have to just wing it and hope I say the right things. 

"T...listen..." I approached, gently petting the door. I didn't know if it was to soothe her or me. Either way, it helped to abate some of the frenetic energy overtaking my limbs. "M'sorry, okay? I didn't mean it. Listen...I just lost my temper, okay? Open up. It's me, T. M'soh sorry. I love youh..."

At that, the door slowly cracked. She leaned back against the sink with a petulant scowl. I came in and shut the door for added discretion. With my phone being hacked, I didn't trust anything or anyone anymore. My privacy had been leveled forever.