14

About an hour before Sun Fang was set to leave to go to his date, the phone rang. It wasn't his cellphone (apparently, most people called them starphones now, but his ultra traditional family wouldn't even hear of it) but the apartment's phone. That phone had much better range, audio and video, and it buzzed loudly when it received a call.

Sun Fang was relaxing on the couch, a beauty mask on his face and watching a mind-numbing idol drama. It was probably a rerun; he had vague memories of watching it before. When the phone rang, he leaned his head back over the couch's armrest and tried to see it, upside down. He couldn't quite manage to, but he saw his butler hurrying past toward it.

It felt like he was getting a lot of calls lately. An unusual occurrence; he mostly texted with people.

"Young Master, it's Mianmian," his butler said.

Sun Fang shot off the couch, "Shit!", tearing off the beauty mask as he went. He almost fell flat on his face, entangled by the blanket he'd been resting with, and he shook it off, trampling on it as he left the living room. Reaching the phone, he shooed his butler off and smiled brightly when he saw Mianmian on the screen.

"Mianmian!" Sun Fang greeted him, elated at the sight of the other omega. It'd been far too long since he'd seen him, and a ball of warmth formed in his stomach.

Mianmian smiled brightly at him. His voice was unmistakable amused when he said, "A'Fang, you've got your brother wound up tight as rocks."

Sun Fang grinned, "I have no idea what you're referring to." Mianmian didn't say anything about the blatant lie, only grinning in response. Sun Fang drank in the view of the man; the peach blossom eyes, the slightly upturned nose, the short blond hair, the plump lips, the earrings dangling. Mianmian only ever got more beautiful, and Sun Fang was still enchanted by him.

Mianmian was lying on a bed, a pile of pillows behind him. Sun Fang felt himself pout, "Is that the only reason you're calling?"

"Of course not," Mianmian said, his voice soft. The piercings in his eyebrow shone as the light above him got caught on it. He continued, "I just wanted to talk to you. It's been a while, you know," his voice had a teasing lilt again.

Sun Fang laughed slightly. "Yeah, things got kind of out of hand."

"Just like planned, you mean?"

"Exactly," Sun Fang drawled out, grinning again, "like I planned."

Mianmian burst out laughing, "Oh, you are a darling."

Sun Fang's eyes slid away and he cleared his throat. Doing so, he caught eye of the clock and was abruptly reminded of the date he was supposed to go on soon. When he looked in the other direction, he saw his butler standing there. It was holding a wet towel and looking anxiously at him. After giving it an askance look, Sun Fang refocused on the call he was having. Anyway, the date was still a bit away.

And it wasn't often that they talked these days, with Mianmian so busy with the upcoming baby. He wanted to enjoy the moment.

They continued speaking for another twenty minutes. In the end, it wasn't Sun Fang's date that disputed them, but Mianmian's bladder. Sun Fang had been filled with energy from the interaction with his favorite person (next to his butler, but there were lots of debates in society whether AIs counted as people), and returned to the couch.

The mess he'd made when he'd ran to the phone had been fixed, and his butler followed after him there. "Sit down," the butler said, and Sun Fang obeyed. He closed his eyes as his butler used a wet towel to clean his face, enjoying the almost message-like motions.

"Looking forward to your date?" his butler asked.

Sun Fang frowned before his face smoothed out as he remembered what it was talking about. "Yeah," he said. He cleared his throat again, tilting his head down slightly. "Super excited," he added, his voice unconvincing even to himself.

"I'm sure it will be lovely, Young Master," his butler said. The cold hands swept through his hair and ruffled it gently, smoothing it down again soon enough.

Sun Fang took comfort in that familiar sensation. His butler finished cleaning his face, and Sun Fang strode off to the bedroom. He opened the walk-in closet and stared at the many, many clothes in it. After a quiet moment where he stood still, just looking, he determinedly stored away his feelings and walked in.

Confidence littered his steps as he pulled down clothes that would make him look fabulous, and he found some swimwear he was sure looked great on him. He twisted his hair up into a bun high on his head and collected his sunglasses, the fun pair with jewels on the frame.

Time moved faster than he liked, and soon it was time to go. He grabbed the swim bag and hang it over a shoulder as they sauntered out of the apartment. His butler would give him a ride over to the waterpark, and Sun Fang calmly followed after it to the car. Once there, he elegantly swept into it (perhaps putting just slightly more intention into it than usual) and settled against the leather seat.

Sun Fang closed his eyes and leaned his head against the backrest. He felt the car start moving, his head turning to the left. A sigh escaped him.

After a while, the car stopped moving again. Sun Fang adjusted his sunglasses, gracefully stepping out of the car. As soon as the door was closed again, it sped off. Sun Fang swung his bag over his shoulder, tilting his hip. He looked out over the area until he caught sight of Mo Cheng standing not far from the entrance.

Smiling, Sun Fang sauntered over. He rose a hand and waved cheerfully when Mo Cheng saw him, delighting in the way the other man became flustered. Yep, Sun Fang looked good in this dress.

*

https://www.patreon.com/fantasydeath

Click the little star!