𓆙 Chapter Seven 𓆙

3rd Person POV:

"...Well?" Tsunade quirked her eyebrow.

They made it back to Konoha after what felt like forever. The return trip was filled with suffocating tension and an unwavering silence.

You even met some creep on the way back, which you had killed previously. Gaara wrote back to Y/n, giving his thanks.

Y/n obviously did not mention this encounter and murder to anyone, knowing that it would not help with the tense atmosphere at all.

You simply planned on informing Tsunade in private afterwards, since she was the hokage, after all.

"We're not giving up!" Naruto exclaimed with a determined expression. Sakura and Sai agreed, as the trio all looked over to Y/n in anticipation.

Y/n stayed silent, standing off to the side with an aloof expression. For once, Tsunade and Team Kakashi let them brood in peace, acknowledging that they may just be in a bad mood at the moment.

"That's what I thought," the blonde woman smirked. "I actually already have another mission lined up for you..."

Y/n was sick of going on missions. They just wanted to see Mitsuri and Kaburamaru for once...Y/n hasn't seen them in a while, after all.

●𓆙▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁𓆙●

Y/n was halfway through a nap in the late afternoon, when they suddenly heard a knock on the door.

They had fallen asleep on the couch, so what would have been a barely-there faint knock instead came as three loud pounds against the door.

They awoke with a jump, scowling as they sat up and rubbed their eyes.

The knocks came again and Y/n ran a hand down their face, quickly putting their bandages on.

When finally opening the door, it is revealed that it was Hinata who was knocking.

"A-ah! Y/n, sorry....I woke you up...." Hinata nervously stuttered, realising she had awoken Y/n, "I heard you were sad or something, so I decided to come over..."

 Y/n, although slightly taken aback, invited Hinata inside kindly.

"It's fine....don't worry about it..." Y/n murmured, awkwardly inviting her in.

Her eyes brightened up instantly at the invitation.

They talked and hung out for a bit. Mitsuri seemed to really like her; cuddling with Hinata at any given time.

Kaburamaru also seemed to have a tiny crush on Hinata, which Y/n was definitely going to tease him about later.

Hanging out with Hinata was always a mood-lifter.

Y/n made sure to make a mental note to give Hinata a gift in return for her kindness.

●𓆙▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁𓆙●

It's been a week since Y/n hung out with Hinata, and Y/n were just done doing a mission; finally going back to Konoha.

Until a person with a spiral orange mask appeared...

You narrowed your eyes, staying on guard as this stranger began to speak with you

"WOW! Tobi thinks you look really cool, senpai! What's your name?" The male says, speaking in third person, "Tobi's name is Tobi!" Tobi cheerfully spoke.

"...Y/n." You spoke stiffly. You saw his Akatsuki cloak, and you didn't want to reveal too much about yourself. You simply tried to stay on guard in case of an attack.

Tobi seems to also have realised your hesitance and he began to suddenly hug your leg; clinging onto your body.

You tensed even more, "Tobi.."

"Tobi wants to get dango! Senpai will buy it, right senpai?" Tobi exclaimed, looking at you in the eyes, as his grip didn't loosen.

You gain a small tick mark, but eventually agree after he began to hold you tighter and more desperately.

"Fine...let's go then..." You scowled, Tobi still clinging onto your leg. 

As you arrive at a dango shop, you slightly let your guard down. You also began to quickly realise that Tobi was a very childish and clingy person.

He wanted to see your face, which was quite hypocritical of him.

"If you want to see my face, you have to show me yours." Y/n bluntly said, not planning on actually showing him your face either way.

Tobi huffed, "That's unfair, senpai~! I'm so ugly and insecure!" He childishly held his cheeks with his palms as he swayed to the side.

You couldn't judge though. After all, maybe he wanted to hide his face for reasons just like you...

You saved some dango for Mitsuri, knowing she likes them, as you quickly bid Tobi goodbye.

He hesitantly also did the same.

The whole time you were there, he kept clinging onto you to make sure you weren't some kind of crazy illusion.

To confirm you were real.

"Goodbye, Y/n.." He murmured as you left.

TBC...