5

•Melanie•
It was Friday night and I was sitting in my room cuddled with my blankets and spongebob was playing on the tv. I was slowly closing my eyes when my phone starting blasting my ringtone and I jolted up to answer.
"Hello?" My voice groggy.
"Heyyyy," I heard a bunch of giggles, "baby where are youuuu?" And another long round of giggles.
I sighed.
"Ashton?" I spoke.
"Well," hiccup, "duhhh." He responded.
"What's up?" I said.
"Well, the sky is, but I need you to come get me, beautiful, because I'm more drunk than youuuu." he giggled for the thousandth time.
"Where are you?"

***

I found him on a park bench singing a song softly to himself, while I quietly walked over. As he looked up at me, he bursted into a fit of laughter.
"What's so funny?" I smiled.
"Your wearing bugs bunny pajamas!" He laughed again.
"Okay, laugh it up, big boy, but we'll see who's gonna laugh in the morning when someone's going to have a major headache." I tapped his temple, helping him up. We wobbled towards my car, and as I took him around to his side, I let go of his arm for one second and he pinned my back to the car and put his face so close to mine, his lips lightly ghosted over my own, making my heart jump into my throat.
"You're a beautiful lady, you know that?" He stated. He looked at me strait in the eyes, where as I looked down. he put his finger under my chin, lifting my gaze to his own.
"You want to know why I got drunk tonight?" He paused, taking a second to back up.
"Because I really like you, as in more than friends and it hurts, as in like physical pain, it's what I endure everyday I don't have you as my own." He breathed out, taking two steps forward, and even thought his breath stank of alcohol, I kept my gaze to his eyes.
"You drive me crazy, Mel."
And then the soft pair of lips I had been dreaming about finally met mine, in a kiss that left me breathless.