Chapter 172: Three-Way Battle Between Molan Family, Arm and Mercenary Guild

Silence filled the library. None of them could easily start to speak.

One thousand years. Just thinking about the flow of events for that long period of time was giving them headaches.

Bud and Cale were looking at each other.

"Heh." Bud let out a short laugh. "I need some booze."

He then plopped down on the ground. He was feeling frustrated.

It was a hypothesis. It was a hypothesis that White Star might be the first Mercenary King.

He needed to verify if this hypothesis was true. However, he had an odd feeling that this was indeed the case.

"...Damn it." Bud grabbed his hair with both hands.

It was hard for him to suppress the anger and frustration building up inside him. "Damn it!"

Nobody could say anything while watching him.

It was at that moment.

"...Huff.... haaa." Someone was breathing heavily.

"Young master." Ron, who was supporting Cale, looked at Cale's face.

Cale's face was red from overheating, his body was covered in sweat, and his breathing was heavy.

Ron looked at how Cale's wet red hair was stuck on Cale's face and handed him over to his son, Beacrox.

Beacrox helped Cale slowly sit down on the ground. He then leaned his back toward a bookshelf.

"...Human."
"No..."

Raon and Hong approached Cale. On was already near Cale's leg and looking up at him.

Cale's eyes were half-closed as he breathed in and out. He looked extremely weak.

"...This is driving me nuts." Bud brushed his face with both hands after seeing Cale's condition.

He had not checked on Cale's condition because he was so shocked by the hypothesis.

No, he could have just ignored Cale's condition because the story he shared was so important.

Eruhaben wet a towel and handed it to Ron, who carefully wiped the sweat off of Cale's forehead.

"...Haaa, haaa." Cale continued to breathe while feeling the cool towel on his cheek.

'It is hot. Damn it.'

Kim Roksoo, Grade 1 Ability User.

[Record] was the most well-known of his abilities.

His entire body, starting from his head, heated up every time he used this ability. However, his mind was clear.

The side effects were mild compared to the other abilities that clouded a person's mind from overuse.

He closed his eyes. He needed to organize the information gathered in his mind.

"...Cale-nim, I will take you outside." Choi Han approached Cale, who had his eyes closed.

"Yes, let's finish the rest outside." Eruhaben agreed with Choi Han.

Choi Han tried to carry Cale who was quietly sitting there. Beacrox grabbed Cale's shoulders to help Choi Han.

"...Shit." Bud who was watching this had a smile on his face as he cursed.

He had no choice because these people who were most definitely more frustrated than he was were moving with the next steps in mind.

Bud stood back up as well. He could not just sit here right now. He approached Cale's group and started to speak.

"Let's just use magic to leave since it is fine if we get caught."