CHAPTER 2

"AND your anniversary celebration ended just like that?"

"Yup." Cashay answered Korey, her gay executive assistant that helped her plan that supposed to be memorable and romantic evening with Cinco last night.

""How about in the morning, what happened?"

"He was asleep beside me when I woke up at seven. His crew were already gone, everything was in order and the place was clean as if my cleaning lady just came in."

"That's it?!"

"Yeah. That's just how Cinco is. It's not the first time he did his shoot in my pad. And every time, he sees to it that everything is orderly after—"

"I meant your anniversary! What's up with you? You're not even upset?"

"Why should I be upset? I understand the demands of his work, just as he does mine."

"Girl, your man did his shoot in your pad on your seventh year anniversary. And you just slept so soundly as if nothing happened."

She raised an eyebrow with a confused face. "Is that bad?"

"Goodness, Cash! Just leave that Cinco already. Even if he's rich, handsome, intelligent, and mysteriously looks like Chris Pine, please, look for someone else who has more romantic bones in his body."

"We're already seven years along."

"And he hasn't asked you to marry yet!"

"I don't wanna get married yet, either. So I guess that works in my favor."

"Seven years and you're still not engaged, and you don't mind not getting engaged either... Are you not worried that maybe, just maybe, you're just together still out of convenience and that you have, in fact, fallen out of love?"

"But..." Shocked as she is, she realized that all these times, Korey might be right all along. "We're already through seven years in relationship..."

"So what if you're already through seven years in relationship? If he's in a fourteen-year-long relationship with his camera, and two years with his other gf... what can you do?"

"No. Cinco will not do that to me."

"With the number of stars who are lining up to be under your handsome boyfriend's direction? Hello?" Korey said while shaking his head as if insinuating she's the biggest idiot in the building.

"Whatever, I'm fine with our situation. I know Cinco won't cheat on me. Never."

Korey just stared at her with a bland expression as if to say "really?"

CINCO went inside the small makeshift room that was assigned to him and smiled upon seeing the beautiful and upcoming starlet, Shannon Reyes, who agreed to be in his indie film. A Cinco Avara film ensures international exposure to the actors and that's why a lot of people in the showbiz wants to work with him.

"Hi, Cinco!" Are we good to pack up for today?"

"Yup. Although I need morning shots with you in it, we'll do that tomorrow."

"So we will all stay the night here in Batangas tonight?"

"Yeah. We need to."

"Wanna go out and unwind a little?" Shannon stood up and walked towards him, and tried to bring herself oddly close to him.

He immediately understood what she was trying to do to him.

Sometimes, he doesn't understand why these actresses do these blatant invitations to him just like what Shannon is doing now. If you think of it, he doesn't have a power to boost their careers aside from international exposure—and even that, sometimes, is not as big of a deal as people think of it. And in Shannon's case, if we talk about face value, she has a place in the business. She can also act unlike that other actress that pissed him off a week ago. She's wealthy, she just wants to be an actress. But there she is, flirting with him.