Chapter 5 💥

Y/N Pov:

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing that I saw was the blinding lights.

"Ah! Way too bright!"

I squinted my eyes and looked around the room. My dad was sleeping in the chair next to me, completely healed from the fight.

I looked down at my body covered in a new hospital gown. All of my cuts were healed, but the scars remained.

I ran a finger over a long cut on my arm and frowned. I should've been strong enough to prevent this.

I swung my feet over the side of the bed and stood up. I didn't have any problems, so I quietly walked out of the room.

"Miss! You shouldn't be out of your bed!"

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at her.

"I feel fine. Can you tell me where Eri's room is?"

"No one is supposed to be in there right now."

"I was with her when we were kidnapped. She knows and trusts me, plus, I'll go back to my room after."

The nurse thought about it for a second before she gestured for me to follow her. She lead me down the hallway and opened a door for me.

"Please don't take too long."

I nodded my head and walked in. Eri lay in her bed, tossing and turning in discomfort.

"Eri, what's wrong?"

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, but she kept shifting in discomfort.

"Y/N! It's too hot in here!"

I walked over to her and placed my hand against her forehead.

"You have a fever, Eri. Don't worry though. I'll take care of you."

I pulled the blanket off of her and opened up the window. I wet down a washcloth and laid it on her forehead.

"We're safe now, Eri. Just like I said."

Eri sat up and buried her hands in her lap.

"Y/N."

Her voice was quiet as she stared into her lap.

"I accidentally hurt someone with my quirk when he saved me. And I couldn't even help you when you were hurt!"

Tears spilled out of her eyes and I pulled her into a tight hug. She clung to me as I patted her back.

"It's all okay, Eri. We're safe and now we can teach you how to control your power."

She looked up at me with eyes still full of tears.

"I have someone for you to meet soon. He's my dad, and he's a great teacher!"

Eri pulled out of the hug when she was done crying. She saw my arms and grabbed my hand, pulling it closer to you.

"You're still hurt! I'm so sorry that I couldn't heal you!"

Eri shrunk back, scooting away from me. She grabbed her head and started to shake.

"Eri! I'm fine! These are just scars! I'm okay now."

Eri slowly stopped shaking and moved closer to me.

"You're okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Plus, they make me look pretty cool, right?"

I flexed my bicep that was covered in scars and Eri nodded her head with a content expression. I hugged her one more time before I stood up.

"I need to go now. I'll be back soon and maybe I'll bring my dad, or, I'll bring my hero."