An Invitation to Dinner Gone Wrong

Last night was unexpected for the rest of the guest. Mirabel coming through with a shout, saying that the house was in danger. With cracks and flickering magic, she says that the miracle was breaking.

Yet when everyone went out to see the cracks, there was nothing to see at all. No disastrous thing that happened, it was all pristine and clean. And just empty.

Mirabel was confused of where it all went, it happened right infront of her and.. nothing. There was absolutely nothing. Was she losing her mind?

Abuela Alma was quick to reassure everyone that everything was fine. Shooing them back to her grand kid's room and joking about how the magic was strong and as well as the drinks.

Was there really nothing happening to La Casa Madrigal? Was the miracle as strong as everyone says it is?

Mirabel could only walk away frustrated with her mother.
____________________________________

"If it was all in my head, why would I cut my hand?" She says to her mother who was listening to her frustrations and concerns of casita. They talked in the family's kitchen, where Julieta fixed her daughter something to eat to heal her wound.

"I would never ruin Antonio's night, why would I.."

Making her way to her daughter, with a soft expression, "I think, is today was very hard for you." Letting out a groan mirabel stumbled on her words. "Ugh- thats not- I, was looking out for the family."

"I may not be super strong like Luisa, or effortlessly perfect like señorita perfecta Isabella whose never even had a bad hair days but.." Even she didn't know what she was supposed to say. Mirabel gave up on further more complaining, slumping to lean on the counter behind her with a fallen face.

Her mother stood next to her, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. She was worried about Mirabel, everything and everyone seems to be hard on her and she just didn't want her daughter to be shunned away furthermore. Julieta tried to include or understand her even if it wasn't clear to her herself.

She just wanted to be there for her own child. She doesn't want Mirabel to disappear like her own brother.

Casita pushed and moved the plate that had fresh food on, the clinking tiles addressing casita was moving it. Mirabel lends her wounded hand out while her mother took the piece, "I wish you could see yourself as the way I do."

Gently putting the arepas con queso on Mirabel's hand, Julieta face her daughter. "You are perfect, hija."

Taking a bite out of the delicacy with a huff, her hand was healed. "You're just as special as everyone else in this family." All she hoped was she could encourage her daughter through whatever it is.

"You just healed my hand with arepas con queso" "I healed your hand,, with my love for my daughter." Mirabel sighs as her mother's act. "With her wonderful brain." Now that's sweet, Mirabel looked away. "And big heart." "stop"

Julieta kissed her daughter cheek as she continued to give her motherly affection. Yet, Mirabel pushed her away and crossed her arms. She looked at her mother with worried brows.

"I know what I saw.." The older madrigal sighed while looking back with the same worried express. "You know my brother Bruno lost his way in this family." She explains while reaching out for her daughters hand. "I don't want the same for you."

Giving Maribel's hand another squeeze, she told her to get some sleep and that she'll feel better tomorrow. She kissed her daughter head goodnight.

Mirabel sighs as she goes out of the kitchen, clutching both of her hands and massaging her joints. The moon was at its fullest and everyone was heading home.