[10] Backstory part 1

I decided to write some slight angst, so here it is. Also, this is somewhat Y/n's backstory since it will be in two parts. (there are mentions of ab\se, murder, and more in this chapter and the next. read at your own risk.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV

Y/n was born and grew up in a broken family in a town full of gambling, hatred, and murder. She lived free of trouble until she was about 6 years old, but at that point everything had already changed. She ended her father's career after telling her mother he had cheated. To little Y/n, she didn't know anything she said was bad because she had been taught to speak the truth. Her father, in a fit of rage, took a beer bottle and smashed it against her face, causing the scar over her eye. 

Y/n's mother suffered a worse fate. Though she did nothing wrong, the man took the rest of his anger out on her. The next morning, she was pronounced dead in her own home with evidence that she had been brutally beat up and strangled. It was clear that someone in the house had hurriedly left afterwards.

Before the next day, however, Y/n ran away in hopes to get away from her father's wrath. During her escape, she came across a small cat that looked as if it had been outside for a long time with barely any food. Feeling bad for the small creature, Y/n offered what little food she had managed to grab to the cat. It purred and was eternally grateful for her actions, so it joined her. Later on, she named her newfound friend, Nugget. 

 Together, with a pet, she had to survive in a unkind world. That is, until she stumbled upon a secluded park area where she met three girls who looked to be sisters. At first, they didn't want to interact with the girl because she was dirty and ragged, but then they noticed the small animal following her. 

They looked at it with pity and sadness, so they approached the girl.

"Is that your cat?" One of them asked. The other was slightly hiding behind her sisters. 

"You... you're talking... to me?" Y/n hadn't talked to many people since she ran away. 

"Who else would I be talking to, silly?" The three girls flashed her small, gentle smiles. "Well, yes. This is my cat, his name is Nugget. Do you want to pet him?" 

The two girls nodded vigorously as they bent down to the small creature. Nugget began purring as it received affection from the twins. This made Y/n smile sadly, knowing she wouldn't be able to provide for it like they would. "Hey, how about you keep him? He's a good kitty, but I can't feed and water him enough for him to be healthy like you probably can..." It was only then that the girls in front of her noticed the injury she had on her eye. It wasn't healed completely since the incident only happened the previous day, the blood on the child's face was dried and had stopped flowing out of the wound. 

"W-What happened to your eye?" The youngest one asked shyly. At the same time, another spoke, "We should take you to a hospital to get that fixed for you." The sisters looked at each other for a moment before turning back to Y/n. "I'm Cassandra Dimitrescu, these are my sisters, Bela and Daniela. We- well, I have decided that we will take you to the hospital and get your injury treated. We will not take this cat under any circumstances because it belongs to you. It would be rude to accept your offer, so we'll get you into a family that will take care of both you and your companion." 

X

Y/n had just gotten back from the hospital with the girls and her cat and was introduced to their parents. "Well as it turns out, there is a family that would be willing to take you in for a while." their mother, Alcina, looked back down at the child. "The Saotome's would happily care for you. In fact, we've already contacted them, so they should be here shortly." As if on cue, the doorbell rang throughout the room. "That must be them. I'll get the door." 

Then, a loud gunshot rang throughout the mansion, followed by a thump. "I know you're in there, Y/n! Come out while you still can!" She knew that voice. It was her father's. But how could he have known? He talked to Alcina Dimitrescu's brother. The two hate each other, so why not help a murderer take her down?

The four small girls made their way outside through an emergency exit at the back of the mansion. Thankfully, Bela had been able to slip away for a moment to let the Saotome family know what was going on so they could meet them out back. 

X

At the Saotome house, Y/n, Bela, Daniela, and Cassandra were huddled up together, shaking in fear as Mary made her way over to them. 

"Are you four alright?" She asked softly. "I'm Mary," She pointed to the scarred girl, "and you must be Y/n! Wanna take your mind off things and play a game with me?" The slightly older girl nodded and stood, her hand being held by Mary as she was practically getting dragged to another room. 

"Another hotel!? How are you so good at Monopoly, Y/n?!" Mary screeched in disbelief. "I don't know," she spoke innocently, "this is my first time playing it." The Dimitrescu girls, along with Mary, gasped loudly. 

"No way! You're great at this game, though?!" Bela basically yelled. "Wait, didn't you grow up with these kinds of-"

"Mary! Kirari and Ririka are going to be staying a few nights while their parents are gone on a business trip. Just wanted to let you know!" Mary's mother cut Daniela off, but Y/n was intrigued to see who these two people were.

As if on cue, identical twins entered the room. 

----------------
unedited
words: 1115
_____________

lmao its December 22 and i still need to go Christmas shopping. also, i just wanna say thANKS FOR OVER 3K READS!!! YALL ARE GREAT!! This is part one of the backstory between Y/n, Mary, the Momobami twins, and some characters from resident evil that im adding to this story because why not. (they probably won't show up much, though.) anyways, I'm gonna try to get the next chapter out soon since i'll be on break until next year ✨

so,

if i dont get the next one out before christmas or the new year, HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. 

thanks for reading :)