LVI

On the next day, they decided to eat breakfast at one of the local cafes in downtown Aspen.

The coffee shop they entered had classy and unique decor. White walls, pastel-blue color tiles, and dark-green plants decorated the space. What ultimately convinced Eliana to stay was Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande playing in the background.

Eliana convinced Rafael to try Frappuccino and he made a face like a five-year-old who was forced to eat Brussels sprouts after he tasted it. Well, at least his dignity wouldn't allow him to spit it out.

She won't try to convert him to flavored coffee anymore. She decided as she was sipping on her rose-flavored Frappuccino with whipped cream topping sprinkled with crumbled vanilla cookies. Rafael ordered black coffee, no sugar to cleanse his tastebuds.

For breakfast, he opted for a simple sandwich with salami, fresh tomatoes, and arugula. Eliana got for herself chia pudding with mango puree. When she looked outside of the window her gaze stopped at the huge building on the horizon.

"Look there's an ice rink right there!" Eliana said pouting outside of the window with an excited voice.

Yes. That was her sport. She absolutely loved skating. The ice rink was outdoors so the beautiful view of the mountains made the experience even more amazing. There were glowing Christmas lights decorations surrounding the area, which made a magical touch to it.

"You know we're going there? Right?" Eliana wanted to make sure.

"I've never been ice skating before" Rafael admitted.

But Eliana's enthusiasm did not wither on the contrary it grew.

"Never?! Oh. That's excellent" she said, pleased with the turn of events.

"What's excellent about it?" Rafael asked amused with her reaction.'

'Well, Mr. Perfect. It means it's my turn to be better at something than you are" she sent him a grin.

"Oh, really? I don't recall agreeing to go there yet" he said in a stoic manner.

"C'mon" with Eliana's pleading look Rafael "Please"

"If everything could be solved with please we wouldn't have any need for money in exchange for goods and services" Rafael pointed out as he took a sip of his coffee.

"You won't make me give up my shares again, right?" She asked dryly and he chuckled.

"Not this time. But I do expect a payment" he said in his business mode but there was unmistakable for Eliana sparks of amusements that were playing in his dark eyes.

"Then how about this I will cook a romantic dinner for you today?" She suggested.

His eyes curved into a smile and he said "Now you see that wasn't so hard"

When they left the coffee shop according to Eliana's wish they went skating. Rafael with fascination discovered how beautiful Eliana could move on the ice. She was gliding and twirling on the ice in fairy-like movements as she was dancing to Last Christmas by Wham.

She gave up on teaching Rafael since he was a very uncooperative student. He had zero interest in skating watching her do it was far more entertaining.

Brisk air made her brown hair flow in the wind, the glowing lights sparkled in her green eyes full of happiness.

Eliana skated towards Rafael to ask. "Are you sure you don't want to try again?" Eliana asked.

"I'm quite certain, yes. Don't roll your eyes at me" Rafael responded, his hands were resting on the barrier.

"A few months ago I would say sorry sir and tried to escape" Eliana recalled.