CHAPTER 3

We had reached the other wolves and Salyna and Andrew standing in front of the class as usual. Being the grown-ups they are, they had the most control over powers hence they were the teachers.

"How are you doing?" Tommy whispered to me.

"Still alive so I'm great," I answered my now 22-year-old older brother figure. He chuckled.

"Laura's wondering how's William doing. She has been very busy keeping all the rabbits in line, hasn't had time to even eat properly, always runs through the big hall. Today she asked me how Will is doing since she didn't see him during lunch."

I smiled. "Next time you see her you can tell her that Will seemed just fine."

Tommy gave me a brief nod and then started focusing on the teachers who were now waiting for everyone to quiet down.

I did the same and soon enough we all started doing our given assignments.

I was still at summoning my ears and tail and changing my nose a bit, while Tommy was already learning a full transformation.

That's our little secret. For every non-animal it's known we can only talk to animals, but to us it's so much more.

We can summon ears, tail and change our nose. That sharpens our smell and hearing sense while tail makes our moves a bit swifter.

We can also fully transform into animals which gives us all their abilities including traits like speed and strength.

And the third part of our secret is that we have a deep bond with animals. As soon as a person masters partial transforming, he or she is taken to the forest, where the person goes to the animal pack that he or she best matches with. There takes place one of the most miraculous events of the person's life. He or she gets to choose an animal and when the animal chooses them back, they form a bond that could only be broken by death. They can vaguely tell what the other is thinking and partly feel what they're feeling.

From Tommy and Laura I've heard it's truly amazing. That is also my main motivation for mastering partial transformation. That and the fact that I'm having a little competition with Sabrina over who can achieve it first.

The only thing at partial transforming that I'm still having trouble with is getting my nose shape right. I was so close to beating Sabrina and getting my own little wolf pup.

"Okay everyone last try of the day, then everyone is free to go!" Salyna shouted.

I transformed back to human form and concentrated extra hard. I imagined myself with a very wolf-like nose tip. I knew that I had ears and tail already since those weren't as complicated for me and I felt them grow in no time.

PLease work, please work, please work, I chanted in my head. I touched my nose.

Holy- I did it! I celebrated in my head and released a breath I didn't realise I've been holding.

"Congrats, Livy!" Tommy said genuinely. He had clearly noticed my little happy dance. I smiled at him.

"What do I do now?" I asked him.

"Go to Salyna after class is finished and her and Andrew will see if you're ready enough," he instructed.

"Okay, guys! That's all for today," Salyna shouted and we applauded ourselves.

"There. Go on," Tommy grinned proudly.

"Thanks, Tommy!" I grinned and hugged him, transforming back to full human form.

I quickly trotted over to Salyna and Andrew.

"Um," I started, getting a bit fidgety.

"Yes, Olivia?" Salyna asked.

"Uh," I stuttered. Salyna wasn't a bad person and I was not afraid or anything but I couldn't ignore the nervous butterflies in my stomach. "I did it! I think I've mastered half transformation!" I finally blurted out. It was now that it dawned to me that it might have been a one-time thing. Welp. No going back now I guess.

"Oh. Can you show us?" Andrew asked, friendly as ever.

"Oh, sure," I nodded and transformed again, half of my nervousness disappearing.

"Very impressive!" Salyna clapped. "Now can you do different parts on command?"

I nodded eagerly, although I was feeling a bit shy.

"Okay then, very good. Can you please make your tail disappear?" Salyna instructed.

I did what I was told.

Andrew whistled lowly and clapped. "I'd say you're ready," he praised and patted my shoulder. "We'll be talking to the wolves about when you could go and we'll tell you at dinner, okay?"

"Alright, thank you so much!" I smiled brightly and left hastily to tell Sabrina and Tommy about that.