The Library

It's 7:50pm already.

Of course he is late, this is Draco Malfoy we're talking about here, and I don't think he has ever been on time for a class for the four years we have been going to Hogwarts.

While I wait I might as well start thinking of things to that we can put into the report for Professor Snape. Then I see a group of girls standing down the potions aisle and instantly know that Victor Krum must be in the library as well.

I have to admit to myself that yes, Victor Krum is quite attractive.

Come on Hermione, stop thinking about that. He would never look twice at you.

I am distracted out of my thoughts to the sound of someone clearing their throat. When I look up I am startled to see that it is Victor standing in front of me, on the other side of the table.

“My name is Victor. I have seen you come into the library every day since my school got here for the tournament. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Yale Ball with me?”

“Hi, my name is Hermione. You know there are prettier girls than me that would go to the ball with you.”

“I don’t want to go with anyone else, they all treat me differently. But not you, you have seen me but have not tried anything funny. So I want to go with you to the ball. Also because I think you are pretty.”

“Okay, I will go to the ball with you.” Oh my god, did I really just say that I would go to the ball with Victor Krum.

“I will meet you out the front of Hogwarts at 7:00pm, don’t forget that we will have to dance first since I am in the tournament.” With that said he walks away and out of the library, with the group of girls from the potions aisle trailing after him.

I feel my lips slowly growing into a giddy smile as I watch them leave from my seat at the table.

Draco’s POV

I wake up not knowing where I am, man I must have fallen asleep while trying to study again. When I look at the time I see that it is 7:20pm

Shit, I have to go otherwise I will be late to the library to study with Hermione.

But first I have to shower, because I stink from Herbology.

By the time I finish showering and race back to the dormitory it is 7:30 SHIT I have to go.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs and I’m about to leave Pansy steps in front of me and stops me.

“Hey, where are you going, we should hang out and talk. We haven’t talked without Crabbe and Goyle for a while.”

I start to say that I have to go but she grabs me by the arm and pulls me away to one of the nearby lounges, and I don’t get the chance to get away.

****

It isn’t until 8:00pm that I finally get away from Pansy, I was able to get away from her while she was distracted.

I run to the library in hope that Hermione is still there, otherwise I am sure she will yell at me the next time we see each other.

When I finally get to the library I see Hermione sitting at one of the tables, talking to Krum. So I quickly duck into one of the nearest aisles before they see me.

When Krum walks away I make my way over to Hermione, who is starting to smile like an idiot.

“What’s with that face?”

I know that I startle Hermione because she jumps when I talk.

“What’s it to you? You realize your 30 minutes late. Why?” God she can make me so angry when she doesn’t answer me properly, so I end up lying.

“I didn’t want to come, because studying is boring.”

“It’s not always boring.” She says in a small voice. Damn, I shouldn’t have said that I might have upset her. Now I feel bad, but I am not going to let her know that.

I sit down next to her “So what are we doing?”

“We are writing a report on the potion we did today.”

“But that is no fun at all.”

“And what would you consider fun?”

“This” I lean in really close until we are nose to nose, she goes ridged and doesn’t move. She smells like my favourite combination of apples and cinnamon, and it is intoxicating.

I give her a smirk then kiss her, like I have wanted to ever since this morning. Once our lips touch it feels electric, and I don’t want to stop that feeling. When I am about to pull away, she runs her hands through my hair and pulls me closer.

I never want to stop kissing her, it feels too good.

Hermione’s POV

Draco and I are kissing, I never thought I would ever be kissing Draco Malfoy.

But when he first kissed me a bolt of electricity shot through my body, and I didn’t want it to end. The next thing I know I have my hands running through his already ruffled hair, and I am pulling him closer.

Even though he is my enemy, I never want this to end. I can’t think straight I just want him closer. So I wrap my arms around his muscly body, while he wraps his arms around my waist.

Before we forget where we are and go further, someone in the library drops a book with a loud *BANG* and that is what makes us jump apart, breathing heavily.

I think to myself Oh god what did I just do? While Draco and I stare at each other.