“Yes, I will,” I said glumly and rushed out of her large room.

This is what my father got for marrying an ex-supermodel; may his soul rest in peace. The very day he died in the car accident, Marylyn started treating me like a housemaid. I was the one responsible to do all the work for her and my stepsister Harriet. I couldn’t rebel against her because she was my guardian until I turned 18. If I disagreed to do any of the work, she punished in some way. She took away my phone privileges, or grounded me, or wouldn’t even let me eat any food if I ‘misbehaved’ in a way that displeased her – more than the usual, anyways. And I could always count on Harriet to create more trouble for me.

My only solace was school and friends. Marylyn had taken that away from me as well by moving here. I was a completely different person in school. It was the only place where I could be myself. Now I had to go to a new school.

Tired from unpacking things in Harriet’s room, I fell down on my creaky bed. Damn it. I had to arrange my things too. I got up unwillingly and opened the cardboard box. Dad’s picture was lying on top of my clothes.

Dad… a tear fell down my cheek, why did you have to go? I miss you…so much …

***

The loud alarm woke me up from my deep slumber. The moving had completely worn me out. I sat up on my bed with a smile on my face; finally a chance to be away from that hellhole. Smoothing the light blue bed sheet, I walked towards my small cupboard and threw tiny jean shorts and a loose black tee shirt on my bed.

After a quick shower in my little bathroom, I walked into my room with a towel around myself. Humming a song I put on my shorts and tee. The loose tee left one of my shoulders bare.

I glanced at the time. Shit. It was 8 a.m. already and the car was going to leave at 8 a.m. with Harriet for school. I grabbed my tote bag and rushed out of my room and then out of the house. The car was just starting to leave.

“Too bad you’re late Tee.” Harriet’s red head popped out of the black BMW’s window as the car left without me. Awesome…I didn’t even know the way to the school and my stepsister had just left me behind.

I sat down, bummed out on the stairs leading to my, or to be specific Marylyn’s, house. There was no way I was going to reach school now. My only chance to feel free for the day was lost.

“Hey there!” a masculine voice called out.

I looked up only to find myself staring at a cute blond guy sitting in a slick silver car. Man, wasn't he was fine.

“Do you go to Sandbay High?” he asked, offering me a dazzling smile. His father must have spent a lot of bucks on him to get those sparkly whites.

“Yes,” I smiled getting up from the stairs clutching on to my bag. “I’m new and I just missed my ride.” I gave him a damsel in distress smile.

“Aww, you poor girl,” he said sadly. “Come with me.”

“Oh thank you…” I ran towards his car. Even though it was Marylyn who set the rules in the house…in school however, I was the one who set out the rules for me. I was a player, a bad girl…I could wrap all the boys around my finger.

I batted my eyelashes at him after sitting down on the soft leather seat. “You’re wonderful.”

He gave me another one of his smiles. “No worries sweetheart…what’s your name?” he asked, starting the car.

“Tiana…you can call me Tee though. What’s yours?”

“Interesting name…I’m Zack. So you new here?”

“I’m brand new…I would love it if you could show me around,” I said, putting on an act of checking out his muscles, which were straining against his purple polo shirt sleeve.

“I would love to do that,” he said looking at me from head to toe as I flipped blonde bangs away from my face.

“Is everyone so nice in Sandbay?”

He laughed blushing. He actually blushed…this guy would be very easy to manipulate.

“I guess so,” he shrugged.

I looked out of the car window and observed the picture perfect red brick houses, with little gardens at the front.

“Here we are.” He stopped his car in front of a large brick red building. “This is your new school.”

***

I walked beside Zack in the school corridor smirking. I already knew I was going to love this place. The boys were looking at me admiringly…I had so many to play with this time.

“You like it?” Zack asked me grinning.

“It’s amazing,” I said, holding Zack’s hand.

“You are,” he said, watching me lovingly. This guy was too easy.

“You flatter me, Zack.” I pretended to shy away from his face.

The school was pretty decent, actually, with pale yellow walls and dark grey flooring. The students were crowding the whole place. Amused, I looked at the kids chattering to each other. Then I saw him…the tall guy with shiny brown hair. He almost made me melt me down on the school floor. His eyes were sky blue. He was one of the finest of males I had ever seen in my whole life. I gazed at him silently as Zack continued to talk, not noticing that I was completely lost in the mysterious guy’s baby blue eyes.

The mysterious guy’s sensuous red lips stretched in a smirk as he watched me check him out. This guy was trouble. I should have realized then. But how could I let such a hot guy pass by? I daydreamed as he smiled at me, flexing his muscular arms to take out his books from his locker.

“Hey…Tee? You listening?” Zack asked, frowning adorably.

“Off course I am,” I lied, snatching my attention away from the Greek god.

Zack’s expression became happy again. “So, we have to go to Miss Claire now to get your class schedule.”

“Let’s go then,” I said, lacing my arm through his as he gulped.

“Yeah,” he said, dazed.

The gorgeous stranger was nowhere in sight. It didn't matter. I would find him soon enough.

*********************************

Authour's Note: The amazing response you have given to this story is very flattering. I Can't thank you all enough! I wish we could all meet over a TCIP themed party and dicuss about all things TCIP. It would be wonderful to hear your views about this book in person.

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN.

P.s: Many thanks to modestieispurete, who is helping me edit this story. Please do check out her wonderful stories :D