Chapter 180: Gabriel James Peterson

Start from the beginning

Dean was about to speak, but Charlotte interrupted.

"Plus, don't you want to have some experience when Gabby starts popping out babies," Charlotte said with a smile.

I looked over, "Charlotte."

"What, it's the truth," Charlotte said, "You two would have the cutest kids."

Dean smiled, "Alright, I guess I'll hold him."

Charlotte seemed pleased, "Ok."

I gently put the baby in Dean's. He looked down at him.

"Alright, that's good enough," Dean said right away.

Charlotte laughed, "Alright, give me him."

Dean handed him over.

"Well, I'm kind of hungry. You want to come with me to get something, Dean?" Zach asked.

"Oh, sure," Dean gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I'll see you soon."

I watched the two go before turning back to Charlotte.

"Who would have known I would be engaged and a mother before you," Charlotte said as she started laying down on her bed, Gabriel in her arms.

"Trust me, I'm more surprises than anyone," I told her, sitting next to her.

Charlotte giggled, "Hey, you're only in your mid twenties. You have plenty of time to think about it, you know?"

"Yeah, you're right," I said, "I'm so focused on my career right now."

"And I'm so happy you're living your dream," Charlotte said, "Ms. Divas Champ."

I smiled at her, "I was telling Dean a few weeks ago how crazy a year can change you," I recalled, "I mean, look at me from today to the time before I came to watch my brother two summers ago."

"It's crazy," Charlotte said, "Who would have known, right?"

"Yeah," I said.

Charlotte looked up at me from Gabriel, "I like Dean, a lot. If you ever break his heart again I will have to kill you."

"I would never do that again," I told her.

"So when is he going to propose to you for crying out loud!" Charlotte exclaimed.

I chuckled, "I can wait. Besides, I can't have babies until I'm officially done with wrestling and that may be five years, it may be ten, I honestly don't know."

"But what if Dean wants to stay on the road longer?" Charlotte asked.

"I'm not going to stop him from doing that," I told her, "You know, I'm the one that has to carry the baby for nine months."

"I know the feeling," Charlotte said.

"But you know, this isn't about me," I said, "This about you, Zach and this little squirt."

Charlotte giggled, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Speaking of, does your mom know that you had a baby?" I asked, "Did she even know you were pregnant."

Charlotte got a disgusted look on her face, "She doesn't need to know."

I knew Charlotte had trouble with her parents. Her dad ran off, leaving Charlotte alone with her mom. I didn't understand what Charlotte had against her mom that caused her to shut her out like this.

"Charlotte, when is the last time you saw her?" I asked.

"A year or two," Charlotte said, not even looking at me.