# "あなたへの献身" ⤷ zhongli

❝ your most devoted follower ❞

 selected route ; あなたへの献身 (devotion to you)

. selected route ; あなたへの献身 (devotion to you)

zhongli / rex lapis . vago mundo

. scenario - in which you are a minor god / kinda like an adeptus and after a year of rex lapis' supposed death, you are reunited with your god

. music - love me like you do : ellie goulding

tw. none

.

"PLACE YOUR FAITH IN ME. I WILL GUIDE YOU EVEN IN THE DARKEST HOUR."

YOU'LL NEVER FORGET those words. For as long your soul remains upon the earthly planes of Teyvat, you will never forget the spoken words of your god.

"What do I do if I have no faith left...?"

You recalled that moment; the karmic darkness swallowing your body whole as the grievances of tortuous souls attempted to erase your existence.

The Archon War was a war of unimaginable horrors and death. Crimson blood spilled over the fields of Guili Plains, drenching the earth in the essence of humanity. Bodies piled as high as a mountain, the thick odor of rotting flesh and metallic blood. The weapons laid scattered, some stabbed into the earth like some sort of final attempt to curse the world in its destruction whilst most were impaled through the bodies of the once living. There would be no war more horrific as the Archon War.

As a minor god, you had once fought to protect your small kingdom though failed in duty— allowing your people to fall in your own incompetence. You killed mindlessly, unable to grieve the death in full as guilt riddled your heart. Karma eventually caught you in the rampage of death, dragging you into a hellhole of eternal suffering for the deaths of your people and of those you have slaughtered.

Darkness swallowed you for eons long— you recalled the shadows that whispered your sinful deeds, reminding you of why you were held down by the chains of damnation and hell. Of your sins and crimes, all for the sake of a fallen kingdom that no longer exists... you deserved such a fate, to suffer for all eternity.

At least, that's what you thought you would have to endure.

Sunlight hit your eyes, the illumination of the rays beamed down into the cold darkness— bringing warmth and dazzling radiance. The sun's halo captured the shimmering bronze that was your savior's hair. Golden, topaz-like eyes met your own as he held his hand out to you, his words etched into your mind like carved words on a stone. His authoritative voice instilled the faith within you, the one that you had once lost.