Chapter 1

As I rolled my humongous suitcase through the busy airport, which faintly smelled like rain I heard a loud screech and turned around. Right behind me was Emily, my friend whom I had come all the way to London from Vermont to visit. I smiled and ran into Emily's outstretched arms gladly.

"Emily! It's SO good to see you, you look great." I said in a belated response to the screech.

"Victoria! Ohmagod you are gorgeous, have you been working out?" Emily said in her naturally over-enthusiastic girly voice.

To anyone else this might have been extremely smothering, but I had grown to be used to it over our almost 13-year friendship. We're were both 21, also both in college, but after graduating I had stayed in Vermont and Emily went to college in London. Though we remained good friends, I missed her loads and came to visit a lot.

"No Emily, you know I refuse to sweat. Now can we go to your place, I'm extremely tired from the plane."

Emily nodded enthusiastically and took one of my bags as we headed to the subway. Once on the subway, we both realized that it was extremely crowded and Emily managed to snag a seat from a young guy who obviously only did it because he thought she was pretty. I however, did not have any men waiting to give me a seat so I just held on to a handle and waited. About half way through the ride I was almost completely knocked over by an old man. The only reason I didn't hit the floor was because I was saved by big, warm hands around my stomach holding me up. I quickly regained my balance and turned to see my savior. I was completely surprised by what I saw.

There, standing in front of me was the most attractive guy I have ever seen. He was gigantic, about 6' 4" and had dark brown hair in a fringey hair cut. He gave me a lopsided smirk with gorgeous lips and I caught myself staring into deep, deep, brown eyes. What the hell Victoria, hes going to think you're a freak- stop it right now! I redirected my eyes to the floor for a second, then looked back at him with restraint and prepareed myself to actually speak to him.

"My God, thank you so much, I could've been hurt or fallen on you!" I said very awkwardly.

"No problem, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," he replied with another smirk and I realized that he was British- well of course he is- you're in London stupid!

I smiled then decided to finish the conversation before he could notice me gawking at him although it was probably too late.

"Again, thank you so much."

"Forget about it" he said then smiled and turned to another guy who looked extremely similar to him only slightly older.

I also turned around and directed my attention to Emily, who was of course talking to the guy who offered he a seat and from what it looked like- they were flirting. This continued and so did my thoughts about that guy. He had already gotten off when it was our stop. 

"Come on Emily, it's time to get off I think," I said almost questioning myself because I don't exactly remember where she lives.

"Yeah it is, okay bye Joe," she said taking a note with his number on it and throwing it into her purse as she got up with me and we left the subway.

After we got off I looked at her and raised my eyebrow and asked jokingly " Who was that?"

She blushed and replied with "Nobody, just a kind man."

"Mhm, yeah okay." I said in a very sarcastic tone.

Once we got to her apartment building she led me to her room and we sat my stuff down and turned TV on.

"So, are we doing anything tonight?" I asked questioningly to Emily who was entranced in The Amazing Race.

"Wha.. oh YEAH- we are going to one of my friends parties. He's known for having the good ones." she replied suddenly getting excited.

"Oh, okay that sounds fun." I lied.

The truth is is that I hate anything in which I am forced to be social, especially with people I don't know but maybe this one will be different. We'll see...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Hey guys, this is a story I had really wanted to make for a long time but was pretty afraid my writing would be complete crap. My writing is still probably complete crap, but I felt confident. I hope you guys liked this first chapter and I will try really hard to post everyday at nightime probably in, in America. 

Please leave comments and vote and i cant wait to continue this story

(BTW this was an intro chapter, and I promise that it will get more intense between Victoria and Dan soon LOL) 

So yeah...