The Mirror Of Desire

...

A knock came from behind the stars waiting rooms door.-"Come in."-Harry said as he looked in the mirror fixing his collar, trying to get it right.

Louis stepped inside the room already wearing his all black suit (the one with the black turtle neck.)-"James said the show will be starting in 15 minutes."

"Okay, all done just some last details."-Harry said almost mechanically. He looked at Louis from the reflection of the mirror. Louis stood besides him looking all gorgeous and shining as ever. He got by his side searching for a brush for his make up, he felt like his make up artist hadn't spread it out well.

"Have you been eating anything? You seem like you've lost a lot of weight..."-Harry said trying to sound natural as they stood side by side getting ready.

Louis raised an eyebrow looking at him from the mirror, as he spread the powder evenly on the sides too.-"Don't act like you care Harry, you're bad at acting in real life."

"My many movies would beg to differ."-Harry said smiling at himself.

"I said real life."-Louis said and sat on the hairdressers chair dropping the brush and huffing.

"The attitude hasn't changed."-Harry noted still suffering with his collar.

"It's a part of me."-Louis agreed.-"You need help with that don't you?"-He said pointing at the collar.

"Could you tie it up like a bow tie?"-Harry asked giving up on his failed tries.

Louis giggled and stood up. Taking the two white ends and measuring them together for balance.-"You never learned how to tie one!"-He said overpleased to be helping him somehow.

Harry just watched his movements. His hands gently moving over his chest. Touching his neck, maybe with longer than needed touches and finger brushes over its skin.

Louis looked down.-"You're wearing the ring..."

Peace

"I thought I'd give our war a white flag. Figured out this could be the right way."

"It's the promise ring Harry...I gave you that for our-...are you trying to torture me?"-Louis said softly now giving a finishing touch to the bow.

"I know what it is Louis. Though you'd like if I wore it..."-Harry said getting a bit closer to Louis. Building up tension, making Louis feel like a mouse trapped on a mouse trap.

Louis let go of the bow. Now all finished. But Harry didn't want him to let go just yet. He placed his hand around his small waist, pulling him back in.-"Isn't this what you promised Louis...you preparing me before every show, teaching me how to make a bow tie, but I'd always pretend not to understand, just so you could just always stand close to me, than you'd say good luck, and give me one of those kisses where most of the time you have to brake it to remind me the show is about to start. But I could never let go, not yet. Because I just want want you next to me, but I could never have you in front of them. Yet still you promised, you'd hold me, even if It wasn't physically."

"I held you Harry. I swear I held you before each show. Before each concert. Maybe I was not here to tie your bows and fix your blazer, give you a kiss and wish you good luck...Maybe I was not here physically as you said, but I was here each time you thought of me. Because my heart never left yours"-Louis said his breathing becoming rapid as Harry was all his lungs could breath. -"I've been living all these years with half a heart in my chest."

Harry's hand was holding him against his body by his waist, his back against the setup desk in front of the mirror. For Louis there was no possible escape.-"Nowhere to run to this time."-Harry whispered getting really close to his lips.-"For one moment just pretend...it all was as it used to be."

Louis did not predict this would go this way. And never in a million years would he think Harry's lips would be touching his ever again. But here he was. Trapped inside his fine grip, as Harry closed the gap between them, bowing his head down a bit, to reach them better. They still felt the same as they remembered, just a soft as they used to be, just as gentle.

Harry's hand rested on the back of his head, holding his hair away from the face.

You know why we close our eyes while kissing, praying or genuinely smiling? Because deep feelings are felt with heart and not seen by eyes. We close our eyes to let our heart see better.

Harry didn't brake the kiss, to afraid to let go, thinking this would all end and it all would fade...or he would wake up from this delighted dream, thinking Louis would turn to dust if he let go.

Louis couldn't stop a tear from leaving. Falling down his face. Harry noticed that. He slowly let go of this lips. His hand wiping out the traces of the tear, his forehead now resting on Louis.-"I should have always held you as tight as this. I should have trapped you with my arms and stopped you from leaving! I should've loved you more!"-Harry whispered softly, his own feelings threatening to leave his eyes.

Louis felt that broken heart beat like a rabbits when they feel danger.-"It's hurting us even more like this..."

Harry tightened his grip when Louis tried to put distance.-"Please Lou...don't leave again!"

Louis could never resist such asking. He stood up and pulled him down in another kiss. Not bothering to wipe any tears, letting all of them just flow down and so did Harry's. He broke the kiss once.-"I'm sorry."-He whispered and reconnected their lips. Than twice.-"I had too..."-and another time.-"They made me."

Harry held him. Their broken hearts beating together, close to each other. This was overwhelming for them. Too much too take all at once.

Louis slowly pulled back to breathe as Harry once more wiped his tears.-"Who made you do what? What does that mea-..."

But they where cut off by James opening the room like a firebolt.-"Harry the show is starting have you seen Lo-...oh my god! Guys I'm terribly sorry! Please go back to whatever you where doing, please! Pretend I never interrupted you! Oh shit I'm an idiot!"-He said closing the door back again.-"Helen why didn't you tell me Harry was with Louis! I just ruined a moment! I want to jump off a cliff!"-He could be heard yelling from the corridors.

Harry went back at Louis who now had managed to get out of his grip.-"We have to go, the show is about to start."

"Louis not again!"-Harry said loudly this time.

"It's time for the show to start Harry! I do not make the rules."-Louis said and opened the door for him.

Harry got out passing a nervous hand through his hair. He was so close to knowing the truth! So close!

Louis followed by. And as they where about to start he said.-"Good luck."

...